171 full-time teaching jobs are available in British Columbia schools in Vancouver, Surrey, Abbotsford, Prince George, Dease Lake, Port McNeill, Dawson Creek, and other BC communities. The greatest number of full-time opportunities is in Northern BC (40) followed by the Metro Vancouver (36) region. A breakdown of the full-time teaching opportunities by region can be seen in this infographic.
There are a variety of opportunities for primary, intermediate and secondary teachers at all grade levels. At the secondary level, there are full-time positions for teachers specializing French Immersion, Mandarin, Social Studies, Technology/Industrial Education, Math and Science, Special Education, Fine Arts, Montessori, Music/Band, Computers, and Learning Assistance.
The majority of these positions start in September and if you are interested, you are encouraged to apply immediately. As an incentive to attract and recruit teachers to rural and remote communities, some school districts are offering additional financial incentives such as moving and housing allowances.
Overall there are more than 400 teacher job openings in BC school districts. Whether you are seeking a full-time, part-time or on-call position, there is no better time to be a teacher in BC’s public schools.
BC School Districts Hiring Full-Time Teachers
The following is a complete list of BC public school districts hiring teachers for full-time positions as of August 21, 2017.
- Gold Trail (Shalalth, Lillooet, Lytton)
- Prince George
- Cariboo-Chilcotin (Williams Lake, Nemiah Valley, Anahim Lake)
- Arrow Lakes (Nakusp)
- Kootenay-Columbia (Castlegar, Rossland)
- Kootenay Lake (Slocan, Nelson, Crescent Valley, Salmo, Creston)
- Central Coast (Hagensborg)
- Coast Mountains (Terrace, Kitwanga)
- Nechako Lakes (Vanderhoof, Fort St. James)
- Nisga’a (Greenville, New Aiyansh)
- Peace River North (Fort St. John, Prespatou)
- Peace River South (Chetwynd, Tumbler Ridge, Dawson Creek)
- Prince Rupert (Hartley Bay)
- Stikine (Dease Lake)
- North Okanagan-Shuswap (Salmon Arm)
- Nicola Similkameen (Merritt, Princeton)
- Okanagan-Similkameen (Osoyoos)
Vancouver Island/Sunshine Coast
- Campbell River
- Cowichan Valley (Duncan)
- Gulf Islands (Saturna Island)
- Powell River
- Qualicum (Parksville)
- Vancouver Island West (Zeballos, Kyuquot)
- Vancouver Island North (Port McNeill, Port Hardy)