Twenty-one BC public school districts and independent schools are back in Toronto on March 6th, 2020, at the EdTalent Spring Job Fair. This is BC’s largest presence in Ontario since 2017, when the province experienced a significant teacher hiring crunch. This time around, BC employers will be looking to hire Ontario-certified teachers to fill contract positions and replenish their on-call/occasional teacher pools for the remainder of the school year. BC employers are also preparing for the next school year by recruiting teachers to fill full-time, part-time, and on-call teaching assignments.
In contrast to other Canadian provinces, BC’s public and independent schools are hiring in significant numbers, which affords an excellent opportunity for teachers looking for stable employment and continuing contract positions. Whatsmore is that there are teaching opportunities in both urban and rural/remote communities, so whether you prefer city or country living, there is an opportunity for you.
If you’re looking for a meaningful and fulfilling career in education, come to the EdTalent Job Fair at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel to speak with one of 21 BC recruiters.
Participating Employers by Region
- Burnaby School District #41
- Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese
- Delta School District #37
- Mulgrave School
- New Westminister School District #40
- Sea-to-Sky School District #48
- Surrey School District #36
- Vancouver School District #39
Vancouver Island and Sunshine Coast
- Abbotsford School District #34
- Chilliwack School District #33
- Langley School District #35
- Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows School District #42
- Coast Mountains School District #82
- Fort Nelson School District #81
- Peace River North School District #60
- Prince Rupert School District #52
If you’re considering making a move to BC, e-mail us for more job opportunities, tips and information on the application process.