Originally published on August 15, 2015. Updated December 15, 2016.
A variety of skilled tradespeople are needed in BC schools. Currently there are job openings for painters, carpenters, mechanics, plumbers, HVAC technicians, electricians, building engineers, and energy managers across British Columbia’s schools.
Skilled tradespeople of all skill and experience levels are needed for entry-level and senior-management roles. In general, those who work in skilled trades positions typically possess a certificate of qualification and/or Real Seal Endorsement.
Wage rate varies between roles in school districts. Unionized tradespeople in all districts receive generous benefits and compensation package.
Trades Jobs in BC School Districts
The following school districts are hiring skilled tradespeople as of December 15, 2016.
Facility and Building Maintenance Jobs
- Director of Facility Services – Burnaby School District 41
- Manager of Sustainability, Energy and Environmental Planning – North Vancouver School District 44
- Equipment Operator 3 (Temporary) Grounds Department – Surrey School District 36
- Assistant Building Engineer 1 – Vancouver School District 39
- Carpenter – Central Okanagan School District 23 (Kelowna)
- Locksmith/Carpenter – Saanich School District 63
- Electrician – Central Okanagan School District 23 (Kelowna)
- Mechanic – Central Okanagan School District 23 (Kelowna)
- Casual/On Call Journeyman Mechanic – 12 month per year basis – Kootenay Lake School District 8 (Creston)
- Painter – Central Okanagan School District 23 (Kelowna)