Teach in Canada’s hottest education job market
If you are looking for a primary/elementary or Kindergarten teaching job in Canada, the country’s hottest education job market is British Columbia! BC’s public school districts and independent schools from Vancouver to Fort St. John are searching for certified teachers to take on full-time, part-time, and on-call teaching positions. Of the 400 teaching jobs currently advertised on www.makeafuture.ca, more than 100 are for Kindergarten, primary and elementary teaching roles.
In addition to classroom teaching, elementary and primary teachers are needed in counselling, teacher-librarian, and learning resource roles for full-time and part-time positions. There is also a significant need for teachers teaching on-call (TTOCs)/substitute teachers. In particular, employers in the Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Northern BC, and the Kootenay regions are looking to bolster their on-call teacher rosters. In addition to helping you get your foot in the door, teaching on-call is the perfect arrangement for those looking for a flexible schedule, wanting to experience a variety of classroom settings, looking to gain more experience, and wanting more time to enjoy life. What’s more, is that on-call teachers are paid on scale!
For those looking to escape the city, BC’s smaller school districts and communities are a great place to explore and enjoy the outdoors, and raise a family. Teachers in these communities may be eligible for additional financial allowances and recruitment incentives.
If you’re entertaining the idea of moving to BC, connect with our team. We can provide you with more information about teaching in BC and advice on applying for your BC teaching certificate. Otherwise, check out our post: “I’ve spoken to more than 1,633 Canadian teachers, and these are the most common questions that I get asked”.
Kindergarten and Elementary Teacher Job Openings:
Here is a sample of some of the Kindergarten, primary/elementary teacher job openings as of October 28, 2020.
- Kindergarten Teacher – Our Lady of Mercy Elementary, Burnaby, BC
- Teacher, Junior Kindergarten – West Point Grey Academy, Vancouver, BC
- Junior Kindergarten Teacher – Seabird Island Community School, Agassiz, BC
- Kindergarten and Primary Grades – Central Okanagan School District #23, Kelowna, BC
- Continuing – Kindergarten French Immersion Teacher FTE: 1.0 – North Vancouver School District #44
- Primary Teacher – Nechako Lakes School District #91
- Primary teachers grade K-3 – GAD Elementary School, Surrey, BC
- Elementary Art Teacher, Maaqtusiis Elementary Band Schoool, Ahousaht, BC
- Elementary Teacher – Burnaby School District #41
- Generalist – Elementary/Intermediate Teacher, Stikine School District #87, Lower Post, BC