Metro Vancouver and Northern BC are BC’s Hiring Hotspots
More than 100 full-time secondary and intermediate teaching jobs are available in British Columbia’s public school districts and independent schools. The in-demand roles range from French immersion, math, science, art, indigenous education, social studies, learning assistance to technology education. In addition to secondary classroom teaching positions, there is also a high need for school psychologists, counsellors, and special education teachers.
If you’re wondering where to find the most full-time opportunities, check out the Metro Vancouver region. This area encompasses the cities of Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, Delta and Surrey. Away from the city, school districts in Courtenay, Prince George, Vanderhoof, Fort St. John, Quesnel and other nearby communities are all hiring to fill multiple teacher vacancies.
If you’re looking for a more flexible work schedule, consider starting your career in BC as an on-call teacher. As an on-call teacher, you can set your availability without having to commit to a particular employer for a set length of time. Teaching on-call is an excellent way of experiencing teaching in different schools and districts and building up your confidence and skillset for future opportunities. Many teachers choose to teach on-call because it leaves them more time to explore the city, enjoy BC’s unparalleled outdoor recreational opportunities, and pursue other personal and professional interests.
If you would like to join the hundreds of Canadian teachers that come to BC every year, please connect with our team. We can tell you more about the province’s opportunities, what to expect when you move here, and assist you with the teacher certification process. You may also want to check out our post: “I’ve spoken to more than 1,633 Canadian teachers, and these are the most common questions that I get asked” for more information.
Intermediate and Secondary School Teacher Job Openings:
Here is a list of some of the intermediate and secondary teacher job openings as of October 28, 2020.
- Spanish/English Teacher – Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows School District #42
- Socials 8 and 9 Teacher – West Vancouver School District #45
- FTE Continuing French 8 / Math 9/9 / Media Studies 9 / Music 8 – Vancouver Island North, Port McNeill, BC
- Senior Physics, Chemistry and Science 9 – Rocky Mountain School District #6, Kimberly, BC
- Carrier Language and Culture – T-2020-023 – Cariboo-Chilcotin School District #27, Williams Lake, BC
- Intermediate and Mission & Ministry Teacher – Our Lady of the Assumption Elementary, Port Coquitlam, BC
- Teacher-Librarian – Burnaby School District #41
- Full-Time Learning Assistance and English Language Learners Teacher – Chilliwack School District #33
- French Immersion Teacher – New Westminster School District #40
- Integration Support Teacher – Surrey School District #36
- Secondary School Teachers – Various Positions – Khalsa Schools, Surrey, BC
- Humanities Teacher – LaSalle College, Vancouver, BC