Four British Columbia school districts in the Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island regions are hiring music teachers.
There are temporary and on-call teaching jobs for strings, band, and general music educators.
These types opportunities do not appear very often on Makeafuture.ca, but there are presently several music teaching opportunities at these school districts:
North Vancouver School District No. 44
- Itinerant Strings Teacher
Saanich School District No. 63
- Middle School Band Teacher, Royal Oak Middle School
- Elementary Music Teacher, Cordova Bay Elementary
Comox Valley School District No. 71
- Temporary 0.58 K-6 Music Teacher
- Temporary 0.5 FTE K-7 Music Teacher
- Temporary 0.76 FTE K-7 Music Teacher
Sooke School District No. 62 On Call
- Music/Band/Choir Teachers
Depending on the position, school districts may require music teachers to have a major in Music with training and experience in teaching music, choir, and band at the specified grade level or equivalent. All music teachers must possess a valid BC teaching certificate from the Ministry of Education's Teacher Regulation Branch.