Share your beliefs and values, professional goals, and career aspirations in your next teaching role.
As of April 1, more than 100 of BC's independent schools will be advertising their teaching and non-teaching positions on Makeafuture.ca thanks to a partnership co-ordinated by the Ministry of Education, the Federation of Independent School Associations (FISA) and the BC Public School Employers' Association. The addition of these new schools makes it easier for job seekers to learn about the wide-ranging opportunities to teach and work in BC – at public schools, FISA-member independent schools, First Nations schools, and BC-certified offshore schools.
The independent schools added to Makeafuture.ca are all members of FISA BC, an umbrella organization of five independent school associations that includes:
- The Association of Christian Schools International in British Columbia (ACSIBC) – represents 30 evangelical Christian schools.
- The Associate Member Society of the FISA BC (AMS) – includes 120 schools such as Montessori, Waldorf, special needs schools, First Nations schools, and religious schools.
- The Catholic Independent Schools of British Columbia (CISBC) – represents 79 schools belonging to the Archdiocese of Vancouver and the Dioceses of Kamloops, Nelson, Prince George, and Victoria.
- The Independent Schools Association of British Columbia (ISABC) – includes 25 schools belonging to the Canadian Association of Independent Schools.
- The Society of Christian Schools in British Columbia (SCSBC) – represents 40 schools belonging to Christian Schools International..
Job seekers wanting to work in education now have one-stop access to see job postings and learn more about the culture, values and pedagogical philosophies of potential independent school employers.
Makeafuture.ca is the largest education-oriented job board in Canada and we are the official job board of BC's public school districts, independent First Nations schools, independent schools, and BC-certified offshore schools. This is the place to look if you are seeking an opportunity in the dynamic and rewarding education field and is the place to post your position and share what makes your organization a great place to work if you are a school or school district.
Check back often as we will be adding new employers over the next month and making some exciting changes to the site's features.