Connect with our District on Social
- Number of Schools110
- >Elementary 89
- >High School18
- Number of Students48200
- Number of Employees7700
- >Adult Education 1
- >Distributed Learning1
Apply To District
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school district
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- Special Education Teachers-Permanent Full-Time with Benefits
- Resource Teachers - Permanent Full-Time with Benefits
- Adult Education English/Humanities Instructors-On Call
- Educational Psychologist (2.0 Continuing)
- Elementary Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- Music Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- Secondary PE Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- Secondary Business Education Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- Secondary Home Economics Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- Secondary Math/Science Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
Management & Professionals
- Custodial Workers-On Call
- Education Assistant On-Call Positions - School and Student Support A
- Supervision Aides-On Call (East Side Vancouver Schools)
- Supervision Aides-On Call (West Side Vancouver Schools)
- Assistant Building Engineer 1
- ON-CALL CUSTODIAN with 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate or Higher
- Office Administration
- Strong Start Facilitators-On Call
- Payroll & Benefits Technician (Technical & Resource Support D)
- Indigenous Education Enhancement Worker (SSB-IEEW) - Full-Time Continuing
Vancouver School District #39 is among the most diverse public school systems in Canada with an annual enrollment of approximately 50,000 students in Kindergarten to Grade 12.
Vancouver School District offers a wide variety of educational choices for students from Kindergarten to grade 12 as well as adult education. There are diverse programs designed to provide innovative learning experiences for students both inside and outside of the classroom. Some of which include these programs: Montessori, French Immersion, Mandarin Bilingual, mini schools, fine and performing arts programs, sports academies, career programs, gifted enrichment education, and an outdoor school.
Vancouver schools are involved in a wide range of partnerships with cultural, arts, and service organizations. The district also offers a multitude of services and program options to meet student interests and needs. The district is involved in a variety of community programs and initiatives concerning mentorship, health and safety, and literacy.
Why Work for the Vancouver School District?
With its scenic views, mild climate, and friendly people, Vancouver is known around the world as one of the best places to live and is a popular tourist attraction. Landscaped with scenic mountain ranges, sandy Pacific beaches, four professional sports teams, international restaurants, an eclectic arts and culture scene, Vancouver is an attractive destination for any outdoors person, sports fan and arts enthusiast.
As a diverse and community-minded district, the district employs a team of educators, managers, administrators, skilled trades workers, technical personnel, and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives and learning of Vancouver students.
This PowerPoint is a short introduction to the Vancouver Board of Education- you will be introduced to the beauty of Vancouver as well as the countless student-focused opportunities offered at the VSB.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Vancouver’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.