Connect with our District on Social
- Number of Schools110
- >Elementary 91
- >High School18
- Number of Students50000
- Number of Employees8000
- >Adult Education 1
- >Distributed Learning1
Apply To District
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school district
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- Intermediate Teacher (1.0 Continuing)-Xpey' Elementary
- Life Skills Teacher (1.0 Continuing)
- French Immersion Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- French Immersion Teachers-Full Time with benefits
- Special Education (Resource) Teachers-On Call
- Mandarin teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- Elementary Teacher Librarian-1.0 FTE Continuing
- Educational Psychologist (2.0 Continuing)
- Elementary Teachers-TTOC (On-Call)
- Special Education (Resource) Teachers-Permanent On-Call with Benefits
Management & Professionals
- Speech & Language Pathologist (1.0 Temporary)
- Communications and Engagement Advisor
- Director of Labour Relations
- On-Call Speech Language Pathologist
- Settlement Worker in Schools (SWIS) with Farsi, Dari, or Pashto Fluency
- Payroll & Benefits Technician (Technical & Resource Support D)
- Safe and Caring Schools Liaison
- Senior Buyer - Purchasing & Administrative Services
- Education Assistant (Special Needs)-School and Student Support A - On-Call
- Custodial Workers-On Call
- Supervision Aides-On Call (West Side Vancouver Schools)
- Supervision Aides-On Call (East Side Vancouver Schools)
- Speech Language Pathology Assistant
- Urgent Intervention Process Team - Challenging Behaviour (School and Student Support B)
Vancouver School District #39 is among the most diverse public school systems in Canada with an annual enrollment of approximately 50,000 students in Kindergarten to Grade 12.
To enable students to reach their intellectual, social, aesthetic and physical potential in challenging and stimulating settings that reflect the worth of each individual and promote mutual respect, cooperation and social responsibility.
Vancouver schools are involved in a wide range of partnerships with cultural, arts, and service organizations. The district also offers a multitude of services and program options to meet student interests and needs.
Vancouver School District offers a wide variety of educational choices for students from Kindergarten to grade 12 as well as adult education. There are diverse programs designed to provide innovative learning experiences for students both inside and outside of the classroom. Some of which include these programs: Montessori, French Immersion, Mandarin Bilingual, mini schools, fine and performing arts programs, sports academies, career programs, gifted enrichment education, and an outdoor school.
The Vancouver School District is among the most diverse public school systems in Canada. In addition to K-12, the district provides educational programs and services to part-time and full-time Adult Education students. Our programs and services address the extraordinary and complex challenges associated with a diverse district. Our goal is to serve the needs and tap the potential of each of our students so that they may achieve their unique potential.
- 25% of K-Grade 12 students are designated ESL
- 60% speak a language other than English at home
- 126 languages have been identified in our schools
- 7% of elementary and secondary students are special education learners
- 9% of elementary students are French Immersion learners
- 16% of students participate in a school meal program
- 2,000 students attend full day kindergarten
- 4% of secondary students are Aboriginal learners
- 2000 self-identified Aboriginal students representing 600 bands and nations attend Vancouver schools
Vancouver schools are involved in a wide range of partnerships with cultural, arts, and service organizations. The district also offers a multitude of services and program options to meet student interests and needs. The district is involved in a variety of community programs and initiatives concerning mentorship, health and safety, and literacy.
Why Work for the Vancouver School District?
With its scenic views, mild climate, and friendly people, Vancouver is known around the world as one of the best places to live and is a popular tourist attraction. Landscaped with scenic mountain ranges, sandy Pacific beaches, four professional sports teams, international restaurants, an eclectic arts and culture scene, Vancouver is an attractive destination for any outdoors person, sports fan and arts enthusiast.
As a diverse and community-minded district, the district employs a team of educators, managers, administrators, skilled trades workers, technical personnel, and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives and learning of Vancouver students.
This PowerPoint is a short introduction to the Vancouver Board of Education- you will be introduced to the beauty of Vancouver as well as the countless student-focused opportunities offered at the VSB.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Vancouver’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.