Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
Management & Professionals
- Accounting Assistant II
- Educational Visual Language Interpreter
- Tradesperson – Electrician
- Bus Driver (Temporary) - Transportation Department
- Food Service Worker (Casual)
- Facilities Technologist - Mechanical Department
- Facilities Technologist
- Tradesperson - Plumber
- Tradesperson - Carpenter
- Tradesperson Class B Gas Fitter / HVAC Technician - Mechanical / Heating Department - Temporary
Surrey Schools Overview
“Through quality teaching and learning, we commit to engaging our students in their growth as individuals and in their development of the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary to contribute to a healthy, democratic and diverse society.”
Our mission statement reflects our understanding of the diverse needs of our learners, as well as our belief that fostering well-prepared and socially responsible members of our community is our most important goal.
Surrey Schools’ students represent a mosaic of culture, with 42% coming from a household in which a language other than English is spoken. We strive to recognize and celebrate the many cultures that make up this vibrant school district in our buildings and programs, and our workforce reflects our community’s cultural diversity.
Draw for Employees
As a large district – and one of the few in BC with growing enrollment – we provide many opportunities for employment and career growth. We offer competitive salaries, professional development and an exciting and innovative workplace. Affordable housing and proximity to other Lower Mainland municipalities make our district a desirable place to work and live.
Salary and Benefits
For specific details about Surrey’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.