Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- T-4169 CAFETERIA Grades 10 to 12/ COLLABORATIVE SUPPORT, CLE/CLC
- T-4168 Sciences & Humanities Grade 10 (French Immersion), FSL Grades 8-9, Etude Cinema Grade 12, CLE/CLC
- Director of Instruction – Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- T-4163 SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGIST
- French Immersion - Teachers-On-Call
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
- 5250 EDUCATION ASSISTANT – Teaching Kitchen
- 5249 Education Assistant - Student Specific 2 & Education Assistant - Crosswalk
- 5248 Education Assistant - Student Specific 1 & Education Assistant - Student Specific 2
- 5247 Clerical Assistant - Secondary
- 5246 Education Assistant - Student Specific 1 & Supervision
- 5245 Clerical Assistant - School Services
- 5244 Education Assistant - Student Specific 1
- 5243 EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
- On-Call Bus Driver
- On-Call Custodian
Our mission is to create a dynamic and inclusive learning community where all learners are supported in pursuing excellence, living their dreams and reaching their potential. This mission is supported by our core values and our belief in: successful performance; respect for diversity; engagement and mentoring; citizenship and social responsibility; connections and cooperation; and preparing for the future.
Sea to Sky School District No. 48 operates schools in the communities of Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Devine, Brackendale, and Garibaldi Highlands.
Our modern and progressive school system offers a full range of education programs and services. Specialty programs include French immersion, an international student program, a carpentry trades program, a culinary arts program, and web-conferencing. Through our outdoor education program in Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton secondary schools, students participate in hiking, skiing, snowboarding, golfing, rock climbing, mountain biking, windsurfing, ocean kayaking and camping.
Sea to Sky Community
Our district contains three major population centers: Squamish (a dynamic city with a mix of businesses, post-secondary education institutions and light industry), Whistler (a world-class four-season resort that will host most of the alpine and sledding events at the 2010 Winter Olympics) and Pemberton (a quickly growing town 20 minutes from Whistler). Our district also serves three First Nations communities.
Outdoor activities abound – from skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and eagle watching in the winter to mountain biking, rock climbing, river rafting, golfing and more in the summer. The area is culturally diverse, with a significant First Nations population and a sizable Indo-Canadian population in Squamish.
Draw for Employees
As a district, we are committed to building a professional learning community based on the belief that when teachers learn, students succeed. Our employees also benefit from living in a spectacular environment – our district is home to beautiful scenery, friendly people, a multicultural population and tremendous opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Sea to Sky’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.