Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Primary Teacher - Kindergarten
- District Itinerant Teacher - Primary LIteracy
- School Based Resource Teacher
- District Itinerant Music Teacher
- Intermediate Teacher - French Immersion
- Intermediate/Learning Assistance
- Learning Assistance Teacher - temporary
- Teachers Teaching on Call
- Learning Assistance Resource Teacher
- Teacher Grade 3-4
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
Our mission is to inspire all students to embrace learning as a way of life and to become responsible citizens of the global community by creating quality learning environments, nurturing positive relationships and honouring individual student needs.
Approximately 25 percent of our student population is Aboriginal. These students are supported by the Aboriginal Education Department. The BC Human Rights Tribunal has granted our district a Special Program Exemption that allows us to hire support workers of Aboriginal ancestry.
Our international student program provides opportunities for students from other countries to live and study in Quesnel.
Quesnel School District employs teachers, educational leaders, management, and support staff in the communities of Quesnel and Wells.
Our district provides exceptional support to students with diverse needs through our inclusive classrooms and our support services department. Curricular support and mentorship in all areas are readily available for teachers K-12. Our focus areas include equity for Indigenous learners, early literacy, and supporting the redesigned curriculum.
The Quesnel region offers a full range of outdoor activities, from downhill and cross-country skiing to fishing, hunting and canoeing. Quesnel also has a vibrant arts community and a full range of organized sports leagues. Housing is affordable with a good quality starter home beginning at $120,000.
Draw for Employees
Teachers on contracts are offered full tuition reimbursement for coursework taken towards higher categorization. We also provide career advancement opportunities to both teachers and support staff.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Quesnel’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.