Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- #42-2022/23 - Intermediate Teacher
- #29-2022/23 - REPOST Intermediate Classroom Teacher
- #39 - 2022/23 - Culinary / Junior English / Learning Centre Teacher
- #35 - 2022/23 - Junior Math Teacher
- #34-2022/23 - Kindergarten/Primary Teacher
- #36-2022/23 - Elementary Consulting Inclusion Teacher
- #40-2022/23 - Learner Support / Prep Coverage Teacher
- #38-2022/23 - Primary Teacher
- #37-2022/23 - Consulting Inclusion Teacher
- #44-2022/23 - Distributed Learning (8-12) Secondary Languages Teacher
“We are committed to quality learning experiences in a caring environment that promotes personal excellence, lifelong learning and responsible citizenship.”
It is our district’s goal to develop well-balanced citizens by promoting personal and social responsibility and respect within a safe and caring school community.
Our area consists of culturally diverse rural communities in the Similkameen Valley (Hedley to Cawston) and the south Okanagan Valley (Okanagan Falls to the US border). Our local economy is based on fruit and ground crop farming, ranching, forestry, wineries and vineyards, light manufacturing and tourism.
Draw for Employees
Our staff enjoys a strong community spirit, both within and outside our schools. As a small district, each employee’s contribution to the learning community is significant. Experience an easygoing lifestyle with an abundance of natural beauty and recreational opportunities – come to the Okanagan Similkameen and see where your career takes you.
Residents within our district experience a small-town environment, picturesque rural communities, moderate winters with minimal snow, and hot and sunny summers. Our landscape and climate enhance opportunities for outdoor activities such as camping/hiking, water and snow sports, golfing, biking, hunting and fishing. We offer the best of two worlds: quiet community living in close proximity to a number of urban centres.
Our district serves students in the communities of Okanagan Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos, Keremeos, Cawston and Hedley.