District At A Glance
- Number of Schools24
- >High School5
- Number of Students6,600
- Number of Employees1,200
- Distance Learning Program1
Apply To District
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school district
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- 0.800 FTE CONT Learning Resource Teacher
- 1.0 FTE TEMP Learning Resource Teacher
- 0.900 FTE CONT Speech Language Pathologist
- 0.700 FTE TEMP Middle School Teacher
- 0.800 FTE CONT Grade 6/7/8 Teacher
- 0.500 FTE Secwepemc Language Teacher
- Teacher/TTOC - Music Pool
- Learning Resource Teacher Pool
- TTOC/Teacher - French Immersion
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
Our mission is to engage all learners in quality learning experiences that develop their knowledge, skills, attitudes, creativity and pursuit of excellence. Our goals are to:
- promote excellence based on contemporary and traditional learning experiences;
- provide a safe and caring environment that will foster acceptance, self-esteem and mutual respect;
- provide knowledge and experiences that promote effective career skills and work habits.
We are proud to provide students with diverse learning opportunities that include music, performing arts, French immersion, trade apprenticeships and ACE IT programs, Japanese exchange programs, support for diverse and special learners and First Nations programs. Every year, groups of students enjoy a variety of national and international travel opportunities. We also have an active sports program.
Our district will appeal to individuals and families who value affordable housing, easy access to larger centres, year-round recreational activities and a beautiful setting in which to live and work. We offer a small-town atmosphere with big-city services, including musical and theatre performances, garden markets, wineries and recreational opportunities.
The district encompasses the communities of Malakwa, Sicamous, Grindrod, Enderby, Ashton Creek, Kingfisher, Armstrong, Spallumcheen, Falkland, Ranchero/Deep Creek, Silver Creek, Salmon Arm, Tappen, Sorrento, Celista, and Seymour Arm.
The school district encompasses many distinct communities as well as four First Nations bands. We have a strong focus on literacy, numeracy, social responsibility and career education. The board follows an inclusive model with itinerant professionals providing support services to students at their neighbourhood school.
Draw for Employees
Candidates who enjoy smaller, friendly schools will love our school district, as will those interested in professional development. When the workday is done, there are many arts, recreational and competitive sports opportunities for every season. Did we mention the weather? The glorious sun? The lake? The mountains?
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about North Okanagan-Shuswap’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to School District No. 83’s collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.