Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
- Cafeteria Attendant (Casual)
- Education Assistant
- School Bus Driver (Casual)
- Casual Clerical / Secretarial Support
- Casual Child, Youth and Family Support Worker
- Electrician (Temporary)
- RESPONSIBLE ADULT (CASUAL)
- IT Infrastructure Administrator, Team Lead
- Heavy Duty Mechanic - Bus Driver
- Building Technician
“Courageous, innovative, inclusive and personalized learning community that inspires success for all”
We are committed to improving the achievement of all students. District goal areas are:
Continuous improvement of instruction and assessment
Safe, caring and healthy learning and working environment that is inclusive of the diversity of our entire learning community
To be a leader in environmental stewardship and sustainability
Truth and reconciliation
Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools resides within the traditional territories of the Snuneymuxw, Snaw-Naw-As and Stz’uminus First Nations. In addition, the district is a proud community partner with the Tillicum Lelum Aboriginal Friendship Centre and the Mid Island Métis Nation.
Draw for Employees
To educate all students to become confident, curious and caring citizens by creating an inspiring, inclusive and healthy environment to work, learn and play.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher coordinators, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000 – $4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Nanaimo Ladysmith’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.