Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- INCLUSION SUPPORT TEACHER (Temporary)
- French Immersion Teacher Teaching on Call (TTOC)
- Elementary Speech & Language Pathologist (Temporary)
- SCHOOL COUNSELLOR
- INCLUSION SUPPORT TEACHER
- School Psychologist
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
“Courageous, innovative, inclusive and personalized learning community that inspires success for all”
We are committed to improving the achievement of all students. District goal areas are:
- Continuous improvement of instruction and assessment
- Safe, caring and healthy learning and working environment that is inclusive of the diversity of our entire learning community
- To be a leader in environmental stewardship and sustainability
- Truth and reconciliation
We are also committed to our second five-year Aboriginal Education Enhancement Agreement with our six Aboriginal communities. We offer a full range of programs from Kindergarten to Grade 12 and also have programs for pre-schoolers and adult learners.
Draw for Employees
To educate all students to become confident, curious and caring citizens by creating an inspiring, inclusive and healthy environment to work, learn and play.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher coordinators, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000 – $4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Nanaimo Ladysmith’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.