Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Classroom Teacher, Grade 5 (.40FTE)
- Classroom Teacher, Math 10-12
- Classroom Teacher, Grade 1/2 (.40FTE)
- Classroom Teacher, Grades 10-12, Math
- Plumbing Foundation Level 1 Instructor
- Carpentry Foundation Level 1 Instructor
- Automotive Service Technician Foundation Level 1 Instructor
- Inclusion Support Program Teacher (ISP)
- Classroom Teacher, Science and Drama Grades 7-9
- Classroom Teacher, Grade 4
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
- Casual Bus Driver
- Education Assistant - For the Visually Impaired
- Casual Supervision Assistant
- Education Assistant - Casual
- Indigenous Liaison Worker
- Education Assistant - Complex Behaviour Team
- Strong Start Facilitator
- Network/Systems Technician
- Building Service Worker - Casual
- Education Assistant - Casual French
Mission Public Schools is dedicated to providing our students with an educational environment that nurtures the development of an Educated Citizen. Our community is on the unceded ancestral territory of the Stó:lo people. We serve a diverse population of students from K to 12 benefiting from local knowledge keepers and thriving Indigenous communities. Our reputation for safe and caring schools welcomes students and parents into an educational partnership focused on student achievement.
Mission Public Schools values:
- Collaborative Communities
- Empathic Teams
- First People’s Principles of Learning
- Inclusive Learning Environments
- Innovative Educators
Mission, British Columbia offers breath-taking views in the Fraser Valley, an hour west of Vancouver and 15 minutes north of the U.S. border. With a population of approximately 40,000, we are known as the ‘city with the great big backyard’.
Make Us Your Mission! Learn more about our community
We have schools in urban and suburban communities and in beautiful rural landscapes that offer programs of choice such as: outdoor education, French Immersion, arts based curriculum, traditional, and alternate education. We have 12 elementary schools, two middle schools, a high school, alternate secondary school, home distributed learning and a college.
Our dedicated staff are proud to be leaders in delivering quality and innovative public education. We pride ourselves on our close-knit, strong community spirit and we maintain connections with other public and private organizations in the community to link students and their families to needed resources.
Draw for Employees
Our success lies in recruiting, training and retaining outstanding staff with a passion for public education. Our management team works to establish a culture that puts our students first, and our total compensation package creates the best working environment for our employees.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about each district’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to Mission’s collective agreement.