Current Job Openings
Langley Christian School is an inspiring, growth-oriented, purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community that delivers high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We design and foster experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, critical competencies and have the character to transform their fellow students, their families and their communities.
Come Work With US
Our work is guided by our core values – connect, thrive and equip – and our vision to ensure we are meeting the needs of diverse learners, helping them to flourish in a changing world.
Jon Kuehl, a middle school teacher at Langley Christian School, shares his passion for our community, for teaching, and why Langley Christian School inspires him to grow as an educator.
Learning & Development
As members of a Christian teaching and learning community responsible for guiding and modelling personal growth, reflection and a commitment to lifelong learning – and as employees responsible for the delivery of educational programming and instruction – we make opportunities for professional development a priority.
Our vision for teaching & learning
- We intentionally build rapport and relationships with every student
- We use scaffolded and differentiated practices that are inclusive of diverse learners
- We have high standards and expectations of achievement for everyone
- We communicate clear learning goals and criteria for success
- We design quality assessments that inform our instruction and provide feedback for “what’s next?” to improve student learning
- We use proven, effective, high impact instructional strategies and practices
- We embed a framework of Christian big ideas, aboriginal perspectives and core competencies in our instruction: real work, real people, real needs
- We use consistent routines and structures that support all students’ achievement, wellness and character and spiritual growth
- We intentionally design learning spaces and experiences that encourage collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Our curriculum choices are engaging, relevant, inspirational, and transformational
Our Unique Programs
Our work is guided by our vision, values and four strategic priorities:
- Establishing a culture of grace, love and safety
- Executing with excellence in everything we do
- Expanding our community reach and impact
- Establishing sustainable practices
Our K-5 programming is focused on providing students with a firm foundation in Biblical narrative, literacy and numeracy, and core competencies such as thinking and social-emotional regulation skills.
Our 8-12 programming continues our focus on firm Biblical thinking and core competencies, supported by engaging and relevant electives in STEM, skilled trades, innovation & technology, creative arts, community service and personal wellness. We offer a range of quality extra-curricular opportunities in athletics, service and the arts.
Langley is a rapidly growing, ethnically and culturally diverse community with outstanding amenities and opportunities. Langley Christian enjoys a strong, collaborative relationship with community partners, neighbouring schools, as well as other independent schools throughout British Columbia.
Our school community is a place where you are known, welcomed and cared for. LCS is an instant community for staff, children and families that is like no other in our region. As an important member of the team, you will work in a collaborative organization with high standards. Our community includes nearly 1,200 students and over 160 staff on 3 campuses.
Lifestyle and Recreational Opportunities
LCS is close to trails, beautiful parks and recreational facilities, cultural opportunities, skiing and outdoor recreation. Langley is a short distance from the City of Vancouver and a short drive from vineyards, farms and the wilderness of the province’s interior communities in the Fraser Valley. At the same time, there are also many theatres, restaurants, and shopping malls to enjoy in the region.
Draw for Employees
We are a school of choice in one of North America’s most progressive and successful school systems. We are the only multi-denominational school in our vibrant and diverse community of Langley. We aim to establish ourselves as a model of community service, inclusivity and highly effective practices encouraged by an inspirational support team of faculty, parents, alumni and community partners.
Why you’ll love it here
We are not looking for perfection; we are looking for passion and purpose. We support our staff in their personal and professional growth with competitive compensation, pension and benefits package, and exceptional professional growth opportunities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Teachers set their own growth goals and regularly self-evaluate their impact on learning.
- Teachers engage in weekly Professional Learning Communities every Friday morning and receive 180 minutes of prep.
- We invest in professional development to provide teachers with opportunities, books, resources, workshops or other materials for further growth.
- Financial support is available for master’s degree or certification programs.
- Generous strategic investments are made in professional development for Educational Assistants and non-educational staff.
- Our Impact and Innovation Fund places grants in the hands of staff who submit proposals to the Senior Leadership for projects or ideas that would greatly benefit students and propel them to thrive.
Salary and Benefits
LCS is committed to supporting its educational, support and administrative staff by providing fair and equitable compensation by offering the following:
- Competitive compensation model.
- Preparation and collaborative learning time so teachers can fully engage in the life of the school.
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Generous 8.05% matching pension plan.
- Two personal days per year.
In addition to having a BC teaching certificate, LCS teachers are expected to participate in the life of a local community church.