Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Casual/On-Call Early Childhood Education Assistant
- Secretary - Casual / On-Call - All Families of Schools
- Casual On Call Labourer - 12 month per year basis
- Casual / On Call - Education Assistant
- Casual/On-Call Early Childhood Educator
- Casual On Call Groundsperson - 12 month per year basis
- Casual / On Call Custodians
- Casual / On Call Bus Drivers
- (Regular) Secretary - 10 month per year basis - 14hrs/wk
- Casual/On Call Journeyman Plumbers
Academic Success ◊ Creativity and Imagination ◊ Citizenship ◊ Resiliency
We focus on excellence for all learners in a nurturing environment. Our strong professional development program enables us to achieve this goal, with its focus on literacy, exemplary teaching strategies, assessment of and for learning, and numeracy development. Our Director of Student Achievement has provided workshops and coursework for teachers and administrators throughout the province.
Draw for Employees
Teachers are attracted to be part of a high-performing organization ranking high in all measures of student achievement. Many people come to the district for an active outdoor lifestyle: the skiing, fishing, kayaking and mountain trekking in this area are without equal. Nelson, with its 350 preserved heritage buildings, is recognized as a vibrant cultural centre with a thriving arts community.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about each district’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to Kootenay Lake’s collective agreement.