At A Glance
- Number of Schools32
- Number of Students5000
- Number of Employees850
Apply To District
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school district
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
- (Regular) Payroll and Benefits Coordinator - 12 months per year basis - 35 hrs/wk
- (Temporary) Information Technology Technician - 12 month per year basis - 20 hrs/wk
- Casual / On Call Bus Drivers
- Clerical Assistant - Casual / On-Call - All Families of Schools
- Casual / On Call - Education Assistant
- Casual/On-Call Early Childhood Educator
- Casual/On-Call Early Childhood Education Assistant
- (Regular) Bus Driver - Route #34 - 10 month per year basis - 21.25 hrs/wk
- Casual / On Call - Youth & Family Worker
- Casual/On Call Journeyman Electricians
Academic Success ◊ Creativity and Imagination ◊ Citizenship ◊ Resiliency
We focus on excellence for all learners in a nurturing environment. Our strong professional development program enables us to achieve this goal, with its focus on literacy, exemplary teaching strategies, assessment of and for learning, and numeracy development. Our Director of Student Achievement has provided workshops and coursework for teachers and administrators throughout the province.
Draw for Employees
Teachers are attracted to be part of a high-performing organization ranking high in all measures of student achievement. Many people come to the district for an active outdoor lifestyle: the skiing, fishing, kayaking and mountain trekking in this area are without equal. Nelson, with its 350 preserved heritage buildings, is recognized as a vibrant cultural centre with a thriving arts community.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about each district’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to Kootenay Lake’s collective agreement.