Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Teacher On Call
- 23-075E Speech Language Assistant
- Uncertified Special Education Assistants
- Uncertified Teacher Teaching On Call
- Posting 2022-018E 0.5 FTE Continuing Inclusive Ed - Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- 2022-069E3 1.0 FTE Temp Teacher
- 23-067E2 Skilled Trades - HVAC Technician
- 2022-068E2 0.4 FTE Term-Specific Prep Teacher
- 23-072E Special Education Assistant - Boston Bar Elem Sec
- 23-001E3 Visual Language Interpreter
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
About Fraser Cascade
In cooperation with the community, we promote an educational environment that fosters a love of learning, personal integrity, a strong self-concept and respect for the dignity of others, encouraging each student to reach his or her potential. Our goal is to develop responsible citizens through academic, career and social development opportunities.
Fraser Cascade Community
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with rugged mountains, forests and alpine meadows. Opportunities for fishing, hiking and mountain biking are right at our backdoor. This area is rich in gold rush history and First Nations culture. Approximately 30% of our students are Aboriginal.
We are a results-oriented learning community that closely links growth, supervision and evaluation to student learning and achievement. Teamwork and mutual support ensure that these linkages are maintained and effective. We enjoy good working relationships at all levels owing to the dedication of staff and the support of the Board.
Our district encompasses the communities of Agassiz, Boston Bar, Harrison Hot Springs, and Hope.
Draw for Employees
Our district offers a supportive and cohesive work environment. District and school budgets reflect learning as a priority and place emphasis on professional development opportunities. We value diversity, academic achievement, applied studies and alternate learning opportunities for our students, who come from small, close-knit urban and rural communities.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about each district’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to Fraser Cascades’ collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.