Connect With Our District On Social
- Number of Schools32
- Number of Students14000
- Number of Employees1800
Apply To District
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school district
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- T21-285 Temporary, Full-time Grade 6 Generalist
- T21-284 Temporary, Full-Time Preparation Teacher - Physical Education
- T21-283 Temporary, Full Time Primary - Grade 2/3
- T21-282 Temporary, Full Time Pathways Program (Alternate 9-12) and Learning Assistance
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
- 21-182 Education Assistant Special Education- 4 Positions
- 21-183 Education Assistant Special Education- 6 Positions
- 21-181 Education Assistant Special Education
- 21-180 Education Assistant Special Education
- 21-179 Education Assistant Special Education- 2 Positions
- 21-178 Education Assistant Special Education- 6 Positions
- 21-177 Education Assistant Special Education- 3 Positions
- 21-176 Education Assistant Special Education- 4 Positions
- 21-175 Education Assistant Special Education- 6 Positions
- 21-174 Education Assistant (Special Education) - 2 Positions
Our Mission: Continuous improvement in student achievement and expanding program choices in a safe and caring environment.
Our Vision: The Chilliwack school district will be a connected, inclusive learning community providing outstanding educational choices that will enable our students and staff to excel.
Chilliwack offers a small-town feel with big-city facilities. Close to Vancouver in the beautiful Fraser Valley, Chilliwack is where you come for the great opportunities and stay for the lifestyle.
Our emphasis is on the basic curriculum of reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, science and physical education. In keeping with today’s changing needs, computer technology, fine arts, personal planning and many other programs are woven in to the curriculum. In addition, secondary schools offer a comprehensive range of studies including literature, drama, choral, band, art, career preparation, work experience and home economics.
A strength of our school district is the positive working relationship with many community groups. Their input is respected, and useful.
Draw for Employees
Live. Work. Grow. At work, you’ll find a close-knit, supportive team and great professional development opportunities. You’ll be living in a beautiful region, brimming with professional and recreational opportunities for you and your family!
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Chilliwack’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.