Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- 21-082 A temporary .123 FTE Intermediate teaching position
- 21-081 A temporary .534 FTE Music teaching position
- 21-067 - TTOC Opportunities, Regular & French Immersion Programs
- 21-080 A temporary (with possibility of continuing) 1.0 FTE Counseling position
- 21-079 A temporary .5 FTE Teacher-Librarian position
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
- Posting No. 21-71 - Casual Custodian IVs
- Posting No. 21-70 - District Intensive Behaviour Education Assistant
- Posting No. 21-69 - Bilingual Education Assistant
- Posting No. 21-68 - Casual On-Call Education Assistants
- Posting No. 21-67, Elementary Administrative Assistant
- Posting No. 21-66 Casual Bus Drivers (Sayward)
- Posting No. 21-65 - Casual Bus Drivers (Quadra)
- Posting No. 21-62 - Casual Administrative Assistants
Campbell River School District No 72 has consistently demonstrated success in literacy, numeracy and in aboriginal achievement. Our six-year aboriginal completion rate has steadily increased and in 2013 placed us 6th in the Province at 72%.
“Learning to Be Our Best” reflects our district’s commitment to, and belief in, continual, lifelong learning. From students to staff, School District 72 is dedicated to the achievement of personal excellence for all members of its learning community.
- Respectful relationships are fundamental to successful learning;
- All learners vary in their learning styles, prior knowledge and experiences, abilities and rates of development;
- Learning is an active and social process;
- Positive learning behaviours and attitudes lead to greater student independence, success and lifelong learning.
Our Overall Goal:
Every child who enters kindergarten will successfully graduate from our programs well prepared to enter the next phase of life.
Our School District:
- Has 19 schools with a student population of 5,177 students
- Is diverse with a 21% Aboriginal student population
- Has a strong focus on environmental stewardship
- Are located in diverse locations with several of our schools on the neighbouring Gulf Islands
- Are well equipped with internet connections and access to technology
- Have up to date teaching materials and resources
With an 21 percent Aboriginal student population, we embrace the rich Aboriginal cultures of our four neighbouring First Nations bands. Campbell River is a scenic, oceanfront community framed by extensive waterfront, westcoast forests and the snow-capped mountains of Strathcona Provincial Park.
We embrace the rich aboriginal cultures of our neighbouring First Nations bands. Campbell River is a scenic, oceanfront community framed by extensive waterfront, Westcoast forests and the snow-capped mountains of Strathcona Provincial Park.
Named one of the top five quality of life destinations in North America, Campbell River offers a balanced lifestyle surrounded by nature. With the waters of Discovery Passage at our shoreline and majestic mountains as a backdrop, Campbell River is located at the 50th parallel on the east coast of northern Vancouver Island. We are the third largest city on the island, with a population of 32,000, and the urban service centre and hub community for approximately 60,000 people living and working in our region.
The region is inhabited by friendly people who take pride in contributing to the vibrancy of their communities. Our schools are vital members of these close-knit communities, often contributing to community spirit, arts and environmental initiatives.
Along with our academic programs, we take particular pride in our music, continuing education and early and late French immersion programs. Our district is also innovative in developing Aboriginal education materials, online tutorials, unique teacher-led professional development programs, and the Robron Centre, which brings community agencies and education together under one roof to provide numerous learning delivery models for preschoolers to adults.
Draw for Employees
Our staff enjoys a mild climate and limitless, year-round outdoor recreational opportunities in a setting blessed with natural beauty. The school district is also known for its respectful approach to labour relations, commitment to professional development and sense of ‘family’ amongst colleagues.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Campbell River’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.