We are a learning community that embraces diversity, honours relationship and prepares all learners for a changing world. Our mission is to work with our educational partners to develop responsible, compassionate citizens and successful lifelong learners.
The Comox Valley is known as the “Valley of the Festivals” for our lively and vibrant arts and cultural scene. We are home to Vancouver Island’s largest provincial park, and residents and tourists enjoy easy access to freshwater lakes and streams, the ocean, and many areas to golf, mountain bike, hike and explore our beautiful landscape.
We offer specialty programs in Aboriginal education, French immersion, fine arts, distance education through CoolSchool, and Montessori. We also offer a program for international students and Strongstart, a family learning centre.
We value and believe in:
- trusting relationships based on respect, integrity and ethical behaviour;
- an environment that motivates and engages learners;
- innovation and creativity;
- strong partnerships, especially between home and school;
- accountability and shared responsibility;
- individual, professional and organizational growth; and
- the celebration of accomplishment.
Draw for Employees
Our aim is to make our school district an employer of choice in BC’s educational sector, and we welcome energetic and enthusiastic individuals who are interested in working in a progressive environment. Come and enjoy our mild climate, friendly communities, vibrant cultural life and unparalleled opportunities for outdoor recreation!
Teachers, management and support staff looking for work in the the communities Courtenay, Comox, and Cumberland can find jobs at Comox Valley School District.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Comox Valley’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
Keep Learners at the Centre