When you think of careers in education, you naturally think of teaching. BC’s schools are an untapped job market employing professionals in business, information technology, office administration, and trades. Careers in BC education are rewarding and fulfilling; offer many advantages.
If you’ve always wanted to work near your home, the local school or board office in your community may be hiring. Instead of fighting a long commute to work every day, you can find a job at your neighbourhood school or board office.
Furthermore, BC schools often rank among BC’s top employers, because of their exceptional workplace cultures and environments. The Surrey School District is one of BC’s top 100 employers in 2019.
So why continue fighting rush hour to work in an organization in an unfulfilling role. Start your career in BC’s schools today. There are opportunities with a variety of employers in public education and the independent school system. If you’re passionate about being a part of a faith-based organization or drawn to supporting First Nations communities, BC’s independent schools offer these opportunities.
Whether you’re a senior manager, coordinator or administrator in human resources, finance, account, information technology or trades, there are a considerable number of opportunities for you to choose.
The following week, we are highlighting human resource opportunities in BC schools. From the Directors of HR to Labour/Industrial Relations Specialists, there is a range of human resource opportunities in BC education.
- Director of Human Resources – Stz’uminus First Nation, Nuu-chah-nulth/Coast Salish (Ladysmith, BC)
- District Principal – Human Resources – Surrey School District No. 36
- Health and Safety Manager – Central Okanagan School District No. 23
- Occupational Health and Safety Manager – North Vancouver School District No. 44
- Development Director – Vancouver Christian School
- Manager, Facilities Planning – Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows School District No. 42
- Finance Manager – Whistler Waldorf School
- Office Manager – Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese