Salary: Competitive salary from $82,000 to $110,000 annually plus benefits
Make a difference in child and youth mental health and substance use care through a new innovative approach.
ICY Teams are community-based multidisciplinary teams which deliver wrap-around mental health and substance use (MHSU) services and supports for children and youth 0-19. ICY Teams are a program based on a new, innovative integrated service delivery model and will address gaps in the system of care by connecting with schools, early years services, primary care and specialized, higher intensity services when needed.
The Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions in partnership with the Ministries of Education and Child Care, Health, and Children and Family Development has laid out a 10-year vision for mental health and substance use care in BC. The Pathway to Hope roadmap outlines the short and long-term changes to BC's mental health and substance use care system to provide wraparound mental health and substance use services and supports for children and youth, and their families.
This new approach to service delivery is based on the four pillars of:
- Wellness promotion and prevention
- Seamless and integrated care
- Equitable access to culturally safe and effective care
- Indigenous health and wellness
Under the Pathway to Hope, five school district communities will have a combined total of 12 Integrated Child and Youth (ICY) teams providing services to the surrounding community. Click here for further information on ICY teams.
Watch this video to learn more about A Pathway to Hope.
Are you a mental health, substance use or social work professional passionate about working with children youth and families?
If you are passionate about providing culturally-connected, integrated mental health and substance use services as a part of a team, five BC school districts are now hiring.
- Coast Mountains School District No. 82 (2 teams) | Salary: $82,586 – $103,232
- Comox Valley School District No. 71 (2 teams) | Salary: $82,040 – $102,550
- Maple Ridge–Pitt Meadows School District No. 42 (3 teams) | Salary: $84,223 – $105,279
- Okanagan Similkameen School District No. 53 (1 team) | Salary: $83,677 – $104,597
- Richmond, School District No. 38 (4 teams) | Salary: $88,134 – $110,168