You can still apply to BC's most popular non-teaching jobs. The employer attracting the most attention is Surrey School District No. 36. The district is no hiring to fill 12 non-teaching positions from education assistants to sign-language interpreters.
Job seekers were interested in a variety of opportunities, and the most popular postings were in roles that support students with special needs in the classroom.
Other opportunities that were popular were in office administration, groundskeeping, custodial work, human resources, and information technology. Here's a full list of the 10 most popular jobs on www.makeafuture.ca for the month of May.
- School District #36 (Surrey) | Education Assistant – On Call
- School District #68 – Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools | IT Support Specialist
- School District #36 (Surrey) | Clerical / Secretarial (On-Call)
- School District #39 (Vancouver) | Education Assistant (Special Needs) – School and Student Support A – Various Permanent Positions
- School District #68 – Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools | LEARNING COORDINATOR, ABORIGINAL EDUCATION
- School District #73 (Kamloops-Thompson) | Groundsperson
- School District #34 (Abbotsford) | Food Service Worker (S 21 ISS 029 TEM)
- School District #36 (Surrey) | Custodian On-Call
- School District #36 (Surrey) | District Principal – Human Resources (APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED)
- School District #35 (Langley) | Special Education Assistant
Many of these positions are still accepting applications. Good luck with your application!