Thousands of teachers are employed in public schools across British Columbia, and so are a significant number of non-teaching support and management staff.
Non-teaching support workers such as Education Assistants, Aboriginal Student Advocates, Youth Workers, Special Education Aides, Computer Technicians/IT staff, Accounting Clerks, and clerical support staff are essential in ensuring that students and school district offices are supported.
Students and alumni from Langara College will be given the opportunity to learn more about these types of career opportunities at Langara's Student Employment Day event taking place Tuesday, February 24, 2014 from 10 am to 3:30 pm.
Those currently enrolled in Langara's Education Assistant, Social Service Worker, Aboriginal Studies, Business Administration, and Accounting programs will have the opportunity to meet with representatives from Make a Future to get more information about career opportunities at these school districts who are currently hiring:
- Burnaby School District No. 41
- Delta School District No. 37
- Surrey School District No. 36
- West Vancouver School District No. 45
- Comox Valley School District No. 71
- Kootenay Lake School District No. 8 (Nelson, BC)
- Gold Trail School District No. 74 (Ashcroft)
- Greater Victoria School District No. 61
- Central Okanagan School District No. 23 (Kelowna)
- Prince George School District No. 57
- Nicola-Similkameen School District No. No. 58 (Merritt)
If you're looking to start a career in a non-teaching support role in a BC school today, search for jobs on Makeafuture.ca