New Bus Driver Jobs in BC School Districts
15 Bus Driver Jobs in British Columbia School Districts
School districts in BC’s Kootenay, Okanagan, Fraser Valley, Central, and North regions are hiring bus drivers. Districts need bus drivers to transport students to and from school, and on-curricular and extra-curricular trips.
Many of the positions currently available are for on-call/casual roles. Typically support staff employees such as bus drivers begin their careers as on-call employees in school districts.
School bus drivers with permanent contracts enjoy competitive wages and benefits. Drivers who are a part of the local support staff union receive paid vacation, extended health and dental care plans, municipal pension, and group life insurance benefits. On average, bus drivers earn an estimated $19.95 to $26.54 per hour.
Drivers working on-call typically get an additional percentage added to their hourly pay in lieu of benefits.
Latest Job Postings
The latest bus driver job openings under the Support Staff position category on Makeafuture.ca.
Nicola-Similkameen School District 58
- Relief Bus Driver – Princeton
- Relief Bus Driver
Kootenay Lake School District 8
- Casual Bus Drivers – Slocan Valley Family of Schools
- Casual Bus Drivers – Salmo Family of Schools
- Casual Bus Drivers – Nelson Family of Schools
- Casual Bus Drivers – Kaslo Family of Schools
- Casual Bus Drivers – Creston Family of Schools
- Casual Bus Drivers – Crawford Bay Family of Schools
Langley School District 35
- Casual Bus Drivers
Mission School District 75
- Casual Bus Drivers
Boundary School District 51
- Casual Bus Driver
Gold Trail School District 74
- Casual / On-Call Bus Drivers
Abbotsford School District 34
- Bus Drivers – Casual On Call
Peace River North School District 60
- Bus Driver/Wash Bay Competition # 31-80
Central Okanagan School District 23
- Bus Driver
School districts are seeking bus drivers with a BC Class 1 or 2 Driver’s licence and an air brake endorsement. Some districts are also in need of drivers with First Aid certification.
Learn more about becoming a school bus driver on Makeafuture.ca.