Makeafuture.ca, the premiere career site for jobs in British Columbia’s public schools has undergone significant design changes and site upgrades to better serve the needs of its users.
These changes are upgrades to the site’s security and design, and updates of the site’s content and functionality, which includes:
- Facebook and Twitter integration with social sharing and bookmarking functionality;
- video profiles of school districts and their communities;
- connections to districts’ social media profiles;
- current information about the in-demand careers in education;
- a new Salary Finder tool and updated salary grids;
- a registration-free e-mail job alert tool;
- an e-mail newsletter subscription feature;
- and redesigned Registration/Login and Contact Us webpages.
“The site change is not just a cosmetic upgrade. We’ve listened to the feedback of our users, and we’ve made changes to the site structure so that it is more intuitive to use so that our users can better find the information they’re in searching of and the job opportunities they’re seeking,” says Andrew Jang, Business Development Coordinator of Make a Future.
One noteworthy upgrade is that users can now find the latest career opportunities in any particular school district and community on the school district profile pages. This streamlines the job search process and reduces the number of steps that one has to endure to find a job in a particular region.
With all the changes and new features, the online application system will remain same. Users will still be able to create online applications, store application files and apply online to careers in BC’s public schools at no cost.
Users may chime in on the changes by posting comments on Make a Future’s Facebook page.
Make a Future – Careers in BC Education is a joint venture among BC’s public boards of education, the BC Ministry of Education and the BC Public School Employers’ Association. For more information about these changes, contact us.