Speech-language pathologists are needed in BC school districts. Currently, there are five speech-language pathologist (SLP) job openings in North Vancouver, Chilliwack, Campbell River, Prince George, Revelstoke, and Trail.
As of May 31st, 2016, the following school districts are hiring:
- Campbell River School District 72 – .50 FTE (with possibility of increase to .8 FTE) Speech Language Pathologist position.
- Chilliwack School District 33 –T16-101 Continuing, Part-Time (50%) Speech Language Pathologist
- Kootenay-Columbia School District 20 (Trail) – .50 FTE Speech Language Pathologist – District (Temporary)
- North Vancouver School District 44 – Speech Language Pathologist
- Prince George School District 57 – Student Support Services Speech Language Pathologists Various Positions
- Revelstoke School District 19 – Speech Language Pathologist
The aforementioned job openings are for a variety of temporary, part-time, and full-time roles–some of which start immediately while others commence in the 2016/2017 school year.
In BC school districts, speech-language pathologists typically work with teachers, education assistants, and parents to provide support to students with a wide-range of speech/language related needs and challenges. They are registered with the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC) and possess a master’s degree in speech language pathology. In some roles, speech-language pathologists are required to have knowledge and training in supporting school-aged children with specific diagnoses such as dysphagia.
Learn more about the requirements and benefits of becoming a speech-language pathologists in BC school districts. Job openings for SLPs can be found in both the teacher & administrator and management & professional position categories on the Makeafuture.ca job board.