Hiring Teachers to Start in September
Within a few weeks, Metro Vancouver school districts will open their doors for the new school year. But before they can welcome students, a number of important teaching and school leadership positions must be filled. Currently, 76 teaching jobs in full-time, part-time, and on-call roles are still available. Primary and secondary teachers, as well as counsellors and school psychologists, are needed right away.
The Metro Vancouver region is comprised of eleven school districts including Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, and etc. The blend of urban and natural landscapes in Metro Vancouver is attractive for those who enjoy outdoor activities and the bustle of city life. Within a day you could ski at Whistler's famous mountain resort, watch a concert in Vancouver's Stanley Park, and dine at a world-class restaurant.
As employers, school districts in the region are known for being supportive of their employees. Every school district offers professional development to its employees, and many offer mentoring programs to help early career teachers blossom in their careers.
If you're interested in starting a teaching career in a Metro Vancouver school, apply for a job today!
Teacher Job Openings in Metro Vancouver Schools
Here's a list of full-time teaching opportunities currently available as of August 26, 2016.
- French Immersion Teacher – Elementary
- Hearing Resource Teacher – Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Aboriginal Education Enhancement Teacher
- Educational Psychologist
- Reading Recovery Teacher Leader
- SET-BC Provincial Teacher of the Visually Impaired
- Elementary and Secondary French Immersion Teachers
- Secondary French Immersion TTOC & District on Call – Francais Langue – Seconde-Immersion and Sciences Humaines
- Secondary On Call Counsellors
- SECONDARY FRENCH IMMERSION TEACHER ON CALL & DISTRICT ON CALL – SCIENCES NATURELLES
Conseil scolaire francophone de la Colombie-Britannique (Surrey schools)