Speech Pathologist Careers in Education
This February, there are six speech language pathologist (SLP) positions available at BC school districts.
In the Metro Region, there are two SLP opportunities in Surrey, and a couple others in Vancouver and Burnaby.
The position at Burnaby is at the BC Provincial School for the Deaf where the district is looking for an SLP with fluency in American Sign Language (ASL).
Elsewhere, Kootenay Lake School District in Nelson BC is seeking a part-time SLP, and the district in Fort St. John is looking to fill a part-time role too.
Speech Language Pathologists working in BC schools are members of the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC). They typically have post-graduate education in speech therapy and/or communicative disorders. They provide speech therapy services to students with a range of communicative disorders. Learn more about becoming an SLP in BC schools.
SLP Career Opportunities
The following is a list of career opportunities in BC school districts as of February 3rd, 2015.
- Kootenay Lake School District #8 – Term Speech Language Pathologist (Part-time)
- Abbotsford School District #34 – Speech Language Pathologist (Part-time)
- Surrey School District #36 – Speech Language Pathologists (2 positions)
- Vancouver School District #39 – Speech Language Pathologist (Part-time)
- Burnaby School District #41 – Speech Language Pathologist (Full-time)
- Peace River North School District #60 – Speech/Language Pathologist (Full-time)
Find other therapy positions, such as Occupational Therapist, under the “Management/Professional” position category on the Makeafuture.ca job board.