Exclusive Jobs for ECEs & Education Assistants
There are 28 jobs for early childhood educators and education assistants in 16 BC school districts.
Positions are currently available in the communities of Kelowna, Surrey, Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, West Vancouver, Prince George, Hagensborg, Merritt, Fort St. John, Mission, and Nelson.
These positions start in fall, but school districts are now accepting applications for part-time, on-call and full-time roles.
On average, education/teacher assistants (EAs) earn from $17.21 – $25.93/hour. Early Childhood Educators, also known as StrongStart Facilitators, earn from $22.71-$25.00/hour.
Education Assistants with special education training are often referred to as Special Education Assistants (SEAs). They earn on average $23.52/hour.
EAs and SEAs often have a certificate or diploma from an education assistant or special education assistant program. Learn more about becoming an EA or SEA.
The need for Education Assistants and Early Childhood Educators is high, especially in the area of special education.
Those able to work with students with special needs, such as visual impairments, autism, and behavioural issues are highly sought after.
Here are the latest EA and Early Childhood Educator job opportunities in BC schools as of the end of July 2014.
School District #39 (Vancouver)
- School and Student Support Worker – Kindergarten Behaviour Support
School District #60 (Peace River North)
- Educational Assistant I/Educational II (Life Skills)-Competition No. 01-25
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT II: (Braille Transcriptionist) 19-01
- Educational Assistant I (Replacement Step 2) Competition #44-41
- Educational Assistant I/Educational II/Lunch Period Monitor-Competition No. 01-38
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT II: (Life Skills)/LUNCH PERIOD MONITOR COMPETITION NO. 01-37
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT II: CERTIFIED COMPETITION NO.03-36
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I COMPETITION #03-34
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I COMPETITION #03-33
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I COMPETITION #03-32
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I COMPETITION #03-31
- EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT II (Replacement Step 1), COMPETITION #21-30
School District #36 (Surrey)
- Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) Support Worker
School District #23 (Central Okanagan)
- Aboriginal Student Advocate
- Certified Education Assistant
School District #57 (Prince George)
- Teacher Assistant
School District #41 (Burnaby)
- Educational Assistant III
- Educational Assistant
School District #58 (Nicola-Similkameen)
- Relief Education Assistant
School District #45 (West Vancouver)
- CASUAL/ON-CALL POSITIONS – Teacher Assistant / Supervision Aide
- CASUAL/ON-CALL POSITIONS – Special Education Assistant
School District #8 (Kootenay Lake)
- Education Assistant
- Youth and Family Worker
School District #75 (Mission)
- Casual Education Assistant
Search for latest listing of Education Assistant and Early Childhood Educator jobs on Makeafuture.ca.