Counsellor & Psychologist Positions Starting In September



12 Positions Starting in the New School Year

School psychologists and counsellors looking for a job in the fall have many opportunities to consider. Schools in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, Central, Vancouver Island, and Northern regions are hiring.

There are full-time, part-time, and on-call positions currently available.

Counsellor & Psychologist Jobs in BC Schools

The following is a list of  job openings for counsellors and psychologists in BC schools.

  1. Elementary & Transition Counselling and Behaviour Specialist – School District #27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin)
  2. School Psychologist – School District #28 (Quesnel)
  3. Counsellor – School District #34 (Abbotsford)
  4. COUNSELLOR – School District #35 (Langley)
  5. Elementary Counsellor – School District #37 (Delta)
  6. Counsellors – School District #43 (Coquitlam)
  7. Elementary and Secondary Teacher-Counsellors – School District #44 (North Vancouver)
  8. Counsellor Teacher – School District #59 (Peace River South)
  9. District Psychologist – School District #61 (Greater Victoria)
  10. Teacher Counselors Teaching on Call – School District #62 (Sooke)
  11. School Psychologist – School District #68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
  12. District Counsellor – School District #91 (Nechako Lakes/Burns Lake)

See if there are any more counselling and psychology jobs on

Role of School Psychologists & Counsellors

School psychologists assess students to identify serious learning and/or behavioural difficulties, and plan interventions. They use psycho-education assessments to develop recommendations for interventions to enhance student learning.

School counsellors work with school based teams to develop IEPs (Individual Education Plans) for students with behavioural and emotional disorders. They may administer Social Emotional Assessment in Schools and Functional Assessments of Behaviour.  School counsellors also support the intellectual, human, social, and career development of students.

Psychologists employed in BC school districts have a Doctorate or Master's degree in School Psychology.  Counsellors typically have a Master's degree in Counselling or Counselling Psychology. School districts may require counsellors to have teaching experience.

Learn more about becoming a psychologist or counsellor in BC schools.