Canadian teachers are in demand in British Columbia’s Catholic schools. There are 57 Catholic school teacher job openings available right now, and 38 are in full-time teaching roles. The majority of Catholic school teaching opportunities are in the Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley regions in the cities of Vancouver, Surrey, Richmond, Burnaby and Langley. If you are looking to escape the big city, there are many opportunities in smaller communities located around Kamloops, Nelson, and Prince George.
Catholic School Teaching Jobs
Here is a complete list of teaching opportunities.
Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese
- High School French Teacher, Traditional Learning Academy (Coquitlam)
- Arts Education (Music) Teacher – Our Lady of Perpetual Help Elementary, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Elementary (Vancouver)
- Grade 8-12 Visual Arts Teacher – Notre Dame Regional Secondary, Notre Dame Regional Secondary (Vancouver)
- Grade 7/Physical Education Teacher – Saint Francis de Sales, Saint Francis de Sales Elementary (Burnaby)
- Grade 2 Teacher, Saint James Elementary (Abbotsford)
- Grade 4 Teacher – Saint Francis Xavier Elementary (Vancouver)
- Grade 1 Teacher (French Immersion) – Blessed Sacrament Elementary (Vancouver)
- Intermediate Teacher – Saint Anthony of Padua (Vancouver)
- Grade 7 Teacher – Saint Francis Xavier Elementary (Vancouver)
- Grade 10-12 Teacher – Notre Dame Regional Secondary (Vancouver)
- Primary Learning Resource Teacher, Saint Michael’s Elementary (Burnaby)
- General Application – Secondary Teachers, Vancouver
- Grade 5 Teacher, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Elementary (Vancouver)
- Grade 4 Teacher, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Elementary (Vancouver)
- Intermediate and Mission & Ministry Teacher, Our Lady of the Assumption Elementary (Port Coquitlam)
- Grade 6 Teacher – St. Augustine Elementary (Vancouver)
- Grade 3 Teacher, Queen of All Saints Elementary (Coquitlam)
- School Counsellor, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Elementary (Vancouver)
- General Application – Elementary Teachers, School District Office
Catholic Independent Schools, Diocese of Prince George
- 1.0 FTE P.E. & Health Teacher, Notre Dame School (Dawson Creek)
Catholic Independent Schools of Nelson Diocese
- Classroom Teacher, St. Michael’s Catholic Elementary (Trail)
- Teachers on Call – Nelson, BC, St. Joseph School
- Teachers on Call – Cranbrook, BC, St. Mary’s Catholic Independent School
- Teachers on Call – Penticton, BC, Holy Cross School
- Teachers on Call – Kelowna Area, Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School, St. Joseph Catholic Elementary School, Immaculata Regional High School
- Teachers on Call – Trail, BC, St. Michael’s Catholic Elementary
Catholic Independent Schools Kamloops Diocese
- 2021/22 Part-Time French Teacher (0.3 FTE), Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Kamloops)
- Elementary Learning Resource Teacher (0.8 FTE), Sacred Heart Catholic School (Williams Lake)
- Special Education Teacher (Distance Learning)
Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Victoria
Little Flower Academy
St. Thomas More Collegiate
How do you Apply for Jobs in BC’s Catholic Schools?
When you apply to teach in BC’s Catholic schools, you apply to a regional Catholic diocese rather than a school board or school district. For example, if you’re interested in a teaching position at St. Patricks’ Regional Secondary in Vancouver, you send your application to the Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese (CISVA). Working with the school’s principal, the CISVA’s staff reviews and screens applications to find the best candidates.
There are exceptions to this rule. Vancouver College, St. Thomas More Collegiate and Little Flower Academy are the only Catholic schools that do not hire through a regional diocese.
Most Catholic school employers will request the same documents you’d expect to include in a job application with public schools. In addition to a valid BC teaching certificate, you will also need a pastoral reference form in your job application package. When you’re applying to a teaching job, make sure to read the job application requirements carefully because requirements may vary among employers.
If you have questions about teaching in BC’s Catholic schools, please contact us.
Catholic School Career Fair
Did you know that on April 8, 2021, BC’s Catholic schools are holding a virtual career fair? If you’re looking for a full-time teaching job in a Catholic school environment, join us!