10 BC school districts hiring school counsellors, and a full list of opportunities can be found on Makeafuture.ca. If you're looking to start your counselling career in the Metro Vancouver area, there are jobs available in Vancouver, North Vancouver, Delta, and Richmond.
In other parts, schools in the Fraser Valley, Kootenay, and Vancouver Island regions are looking for counsellors to fill part-time and full-time roles.
School counsellors assume a variety of responsibilities, from advising in educational issues, career planning, to enhancing the development and learning of students.
To work as a counsellor in BC schools, you must possess a Master's degree in a Counselling Psychology, School Counselling or Educational Psychology. School counsellors are also required to be knowledgeable in the BC curriculum, and have a BC Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB) teacher's certificate.
Counselling Careers in BC Schools
The following is a list of counselling jobs available as of December 9, 2014.
Metro Vancouver Counsellor Jobs
- Itinerant Elementary Counsellor
- Area Counsellor
- Elementary and Secondary Teacher-Counsellors
- Enseignement à l'élémentaire à 0.2400 ÉTP – Orthopédagogie – 0.0400 ÉTP Counselling – 0.1000 ÉTP Littératie – 0.1000 ÉTP (Richmond)
Opportunities in Other BC School Districts
- District Elementary Counsellor (Cranbrook) Grades K-6
- Counsellor and Humanities Teacher Grades 7-9
- Counsellor, Science Teacher Grades 7-9
- Counselling à 0.2000 ÉTP (Whistler)
- Counselling à 0.1000 ÉTP (Pemberton)
- Counselling à 0.8000 ÉTP (Victoria)
- T14-228 Continuing, Full-Time Counsellor – Elementary
- Counsellor Teacher
- Teacher Counselors Teaching on Call
- Behavior Support Teacher/Counsellor