At A Glance
Apply To School
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school
Current Job Openings
Zion Lutheran Christian School was established in 1999 for all parents, from any background who wish their child to receive a quality education emphasizing Christian practices, teaching and attitudes. Our mission is to educate each child by placing Christ at the centre of every part of their lives.
Why teach at Zion Lutheran Christian School?
Zion Lutheran Christian School’s educational philosophy is grounded in these core values:
- Faith – As a Lutheran school we are missional. Everything we do is based on God’s word and sharing the love of Christ.
- Family – We see strength in community and diversity. We strive to help everyone feel welcomed, loved and accepted.
- Academic Excellence – We desire to be at the “top of our game” when it comes to current and sound teaching practice.
- Professional Development for our Staff – Part of being at the “top of our game” is ensuring that our quality teachers have access to meaningful professional development to help them grow in their learning.
- The Home School Relationship – We see educating children as a joint venture between home and school.
- The Individual – We believe that each member of our community is a valued member of God’s creation and we work hard to promote that.
- Safety – We strive to ensure that ZLCS is a safe and secure place for the children in our care.
- Service – We see great value instilling a spirit of service in our students. This includes service to God, to one another, and our community and beyond.
Prince George is located on the traditional territory of the Lheidli T’enneh and Carrier Sekani First Nations people and is widely known as BC’s Northern Capital. We are a diverse community comprised of a broad mix of peoples from across the globe.
It is often said that Prince George is a “city with a small town feel.” Residents enjoy a lower cost of living than the lower mainland with a more relaxed pace of life.
School & Workplace Culture
Probably the greatest asset of Zion Lutheran Christian School is the family and community feel you have when working here. Our small class sizes allow teachers to really get to know their students and their families.
Lifestyle and Recreational Opportunities
Prince George is the perfect spot for the outdoor enthusiast. Surrounded by beautiful forests, rivers, and lakes, Prince George offers much in the way of hiking, fishing, swimming, camping, boating, or just being in the great outdoors. Being in this environment makes place-based learning an adventure! We take our students on weekly hikes to the many parks that are within walking distance of the school and incorporate as much outdoor education as we can throughout the year.
There is always something to do outside
Prince George offers much in the way of outdoor recreation. Whether it’s swimming in a nearby lake in the summer, skiing or snowshoeing in the winter, or hiking on one of the many trails in any season, there is always something to do outside. In addition to the many outdoor options available in the area, Prince George’s arts and culture scene is growing and offers much in the way of family entertainment. Prince George is a great place to raise a family!
Big city amenities in Central BC
Our community has a wide array of amenities available for its residents to utilize and enjoy. We have two swimming complexes, an art gallery, and ample shopping to serve the needs of the entire community. The Exploration Place, our local science centre and museum, offers programming for schools and families year round.
There are two places of higher learning in Prince George that attract students from around the world. One is the College of New Caledonia, and the other is UNBC, which has been ranked at or near the top of the list of best small universities to attend in Canada (according to Maclean’s annual ranking). Prince George also boasts an excellent hospital that serves the city and surrounding area.
Draw for Employees
Zion Lutheran Christian School’s small class sizes and grounding in the Christian faith are often what separates our school from others.
Teachers at ZLCS enjoy working in a faith-based, family-oriented environment where the relationship between home and school is strong. Class sizes are small, so teachers at ZLCS are better able to work one-on-one with all of their students.
Salary and Benefits
Our teachers’ compensation package includes a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Lutheran Church Canada pension plan
- health and dental protection plan (extended health and dental)
- long term disability
- basic life / dependent life
- out of country emergency travel
- employee assistance program (counselling)
- optional additional life insurance
Why you’ll love it here
Teachers at our school have the opportunity to work in an environment where their colleagues support them through daily prayer and job sharing. Teachers can hone their skills in small, multi-age classrooms.
Staff professional development is a core value
All staff participate in professional development activities designed to help them grow in their practice, both personally and professionally, and increase the value of education being delivered at our school. This includes participating with other independent and public schools in conferences and workshops as they occur throughout the school year.
We ask that all applicants submit a statement of faith to be included with their application package.