At A Glance
- Number of Students1
Apply To School
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
Whistler Waldorf School is a thriving non-profit, independent school with over 200 students from playschool through to Grade 12. A fully accredited school with the BC Ministry of Education, we are members of WECAN, Waldorf Early Childhood of North America and are an associate school with AWSNA, the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America.
Why teach at Whistler Waldorf School?
Our teachers support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. We also offer mentorship programs, peer-to-peer support sessions and ongoing professional development days and opportunities.
Our school community – students, faculty, board and parents – are passionate, committed and engaged. We have a dedicated and passionate faculty who are committed to working in a collaborative environment and foster a greater understanding of Waldorf education within our community. Our pedagogy is holistic, balanced, creative and meaningful. Teacher-student relationships are a highlight and strength of our school.
Whistler and Sea to Sky Communities
Whistler is one of North America’s premier resorts offering some of the best downhill skiing in the world, as well as cross-country skiing, miles of biking and hiking trails, five beautiful mountain lakes, a dynamic arts community, and an active and engaged community of over 10,000. The community is located about an hour and a half north of beautiful Vancouver, B.C.
Throughout the Sea to Sky Corridor, with Squamish an hour south, and Pemberton 40 minutes north, recreational opportunities abound, with epic snowboarding, skiing, mountaineering, hiking and arguably some of the best mountain biking in the world with internationally-renowned Whistler Mountain Bike Park. The Corridor is also home to a vibrant arts scene and unbeatable shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Despite welcoming many visitors every year, Whistler maintains a distinct small-town vibe that’s becoming increasingly rare. Neighbours know each other, and – more importantly – they care about each other. Not many small towns can say that they host a renowned annual food festival (Cornucopia), a massive annual snow sports festival (the World Ski and Snowboard Festival) and a popular annual mountain biking festival (Crankworx), while keeping a small-town feel.
At WWS, we aim to educate each child with reverence and respect, and to nurture wonder, confidence and initiative so they may participate in the world guided by a sense of truth and responsibility. Students learn from an early age to engage in their own learning process. A Waldorf education fosters socially-responsible, motivated self-starters who are resistant to peer pressure and respectful of others.
Our educational centre reflects the natural beauty of our local environment and embodies our values. The centre is a warm, inviting and engaging place of discovery and learning for all members of the school community. It is a gathering place for nourishing the mind, body and spirit and inspiring personal and social well-being. Also, our philosophy and actions support global sustainability.
Draw for Employees
When applying for a teacher or assistant position, the perfect candidate will have:
- An ability to foster professional relationships between teacher and parents as a mutual working together to support students’ best interest.
- A desire to work collaboratively with other Faculty and Administrative Staff colleagues.
- A commitment to self-development and a self-reflective practice to ensure personal development to meet the age of the children that are being taught.
- A willingness to commit to enroll in Waldorf teacher training (if not currently), which can be provided for free for those who are interested.
Salary and Benefits
Whistler Waldorf School offers our teachers and staff:
- A benefits compensation package including medical/dental benefits, life/disability insurance and pension support based on your full-time equivalency position.
- A competitive salary commensurate on relevant education and years of applicable work experience.
- Professional development opportunities for ongoing education experience at WWS.
- Partial tuition remission for those with children who may wish to attend the school.
Also, as an application requirement, qualified applicants will require one or more of the following criteria:
- A Waldorf Education teacher and/or assistant background and training.
- A relevant B.C. teaching certification such as a C. Teaching Certificate with the Teacher Regulation Branch; a B.C. ECE Teacher or Asst. Certificate; and for TA’s a B.C. Special Education Asst. Certificate or at the least, the ability to qualify for one.
- A relevant teaching certificate which has been obtained outside of B.C.(Canada or International), but may be eligible to transfer or apply for an equivalent B.C. Teacher certification(s).
Please send a cover letter and resume in confidence to the Head of School.
Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.