Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- 2021-72 - Learning Support Teacher (0.2 FTE)
- Teacher Teaching on Call - TTOC List - Learning Support and ELL Teachers
- Teacher Teaching on Call - TTOC List - Elementary French Immersion Teachers
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
- SS2021-130: Office Support Clerk
- SS2021-129: TA - Supervision Aide
- SS2021-126: Education Assistant
- SS2021-125B: Education Assistant
- SS2021-125A: Education Assistant
- SS2021-124B: Education Assistant
- SS2021-124A: Education Assistant
- SS2021-123B: Accounting Clerk - Secondary
- SS2021-121: Casual Education Assistant
West Vancouver School District, the premier place for learning, has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation. Our motto endorses our vision that we aspire to provide the finest educational experience in the country – for our children, our employees, our community and our world. We support this vision in the work we do, and the drive to be the first and best is clear, both inside and outside the organization.
We are committed to “get the learning right”
Our teachers and staff are committed to finding new and innovative ways to “get the learning right” for our students. By embracing new ideas around innovation, inquiry and social-emotional learning, the work that we do has life-changing implications for the students and families we serve. In turn, they enhance the communities in which they live, play, grow and build.
Our students are going places – and you’ll find them across the globe making a difference in virtually all sectors. After graduation, between 85-95 % of alumni go straight into universities, colleges and technical schools to put the strong foundation our teachers provide to work right away. You’ll be proud to be part of the passion and innovation that makes West Vancouver School District a top choice for parents, students and staff.
The West Vancouver School District includes the District of West Vancouver, the Squamish Nation, Bowen Island and the Village of Lions Bay – a distance of 18.5 kilometres from the Capilano River to Howe Sound. The current enrollment of approximately 7,150 students is drawn from a combined population of about 47,000, but our student population includes youth from around the world and all over the Lower Mainland and Howe Sound regions.
West Vancouver Community
West Vancouver School District is a place where relationships are prized and a feeling of “family” is cultivated. Collaboration, professionalism, positive working relationships and high expectations are all highly valued. Parents are key partners in our vision to provide the finest educational experience in the country.
West Vancouver is a residential waterfront community with the Lions Gate Bridge marking the entrance, the North Shore mountains to the north, Capilano River to the east, with the waters of Howe Sound and Salish Sea / Burrard Inlet to the west and south. The steep terrain and rugged shoreline, with numerous creeks and watercourses, complemented by breathtaking views, provide a spectacular setting that makes West Vancouver one of the most desirable residential communities in Canada.
Draw for Employees
West Vancouver School District strives to give students and employees the best educational experience possible. With a strong tradition of innovation and collaboration, the following initiatives make us an attractive choice for potential employees:
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Collaboration between elementary and secondary teams – cross-district as well as within each family of schools
- Innovation Grants are available to teachers who wish to engage in collaborative forms of inquiry to improve student achievement
- Wide range of opportunities – choice programs, sports academies, developing trades programs, Fine Arts specialists in every school
- Digital devices for every teacher – you choose Mac or PC
- Modernization in every classroom, including drop-down projectors
- A school calendar that includes a February reading break and a two-week spring break
West Vancouver School District leads the way in creative and performing art programs and has been well invested in sports academy programs for a number of years. We are leading the way in the K-12 sector by adapting to the needs of today’s students, offering innovative programming outside the traditional timetable. Programs such as the Young Entrepreneurs Leadership Launchpad (YELL), District Honour Choir and Premier Basketball Academy offer students unique opportunities in a non-traditional model.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, and teacher coordinators may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about West Vancouver’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.