Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- #2122-530 1 Block Career Life Education Teacher - Temporary Contract
- #2122-529 1 Block Career Life Connections Teacher - Temporary Contract
- #2122-528 1.0 FTE Alternate Programs School Based Resource Teacher - Temporary Contract
- #2122-377 1.0 FTE District Indigenous Education Lead Teacher - Temporary Contract
- #2122-517 1.0 FTE - School Based Resource Teacher - Temporary Contract
- #329 - Casual/on-call Indigenous Support Worker
- #326 - Student Supervisor - Noon Hour
- # 343 - Temporary Indigenous Support Worker
- Education Assistants - Casual/on-call
- Custodian - Casual/on call
- #01 - Student Supervisor - Noon Hour
- #06 - Temporary Student Supervisor - Noon Hour
- Student Supervisor - Casual
- Bus Drivers - Casual
- Casual/on-call Indigenous Support Worker
Our mission is to develop in all students a lifelong love of learning and to prepare them to thrive in a changing world. Our current focus is on increasing the success of all students, as we believe that this will improve their life chances and opportunities.
Located at the north end of the Okanagan Valley near both Okanagan Lake and Kalamalka Lake, our region’s climate celebrates all four wonderful seasons with summer water sports, fall harvests, winter snow sports and spring blossoms. Twelve percent of our students are of Aboriginal descent. The population of Vernon, although experiencing some declines in school age enrolment, is very stable and vibrant.
We provide excellent educational services to our students, including a vibrant early and late French immersion program, distributed online learning courses, a strong Aboriginal presence, an international program, and opportunities for trades training and secondary apprenticeships. We also boast soccer and hockey academies, an elite athlete high-performance program, an outdoor education school, a global education program and Montessori for grades 1-6.
Our district combines all the amenities available in larger centres with a small-town feel. In Vernon, the Performing Arts Theatre regularly hosts top international performers and the Multiplex is home to one of BC’s most successful junior hockey teams. Silver Star Mountain Ski Resort is a 20-minute drive from Vernon.
Draw for Employees
The district promotes a strong collaborative culture that encourages and supports teacher development and continued learning. In addition to a fulfilling teaching experience, our employees have access to a wonderful lifestyle and numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Vernon’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.