Current Job Openings
Why Teach At Tsay Keh Dene School?
Our vision is to improve student learning while staying connected to the land and heritage. As such, Tsay Keh Dene School will provide the highest quality of education for all students to provide opportunities for them to pursue and achieve their dreams. We are looking for adventurous, outdoorsy teachers who are flexible and open minded.
The school currently has 62 students, seven teachers, two special education teachers, a school counsellor, a vice-principal and a principal. All classrooms are equipped with new SmartBoards. This is a fun and exciting place to work as there are a lot of activities going on at the school.
Tsay Keh Dene is one of the Sekani Bands of the northern interior of BC. We have an office in the city of Prince George, and our community and school are seven hours north of Prince George (two hours on a paved road and five hours on a logging road) north of the Williston Reservoir.
A plane flies into community three times a week. The community is home to 250 people, and we have a store, RCMP station and a nurses’ station.
Salary And Benefits
Teacher salaries range from $60,302-$90,000 per year. Other benefits include:
- fully furnished housing provided, with rent and utilities paid by the Band
- employee benefits (includes massage, chiropractic, orthopedic, naturopathic, vision, dental and prescriptions)
- pension contributions are matched up to 5%
- flight provided from point of hire to Tsay Keh Dene at the start of the contract and a return flight at the end of the contract
- moving allowance of $1000
- $500 to spend on classroom supplies
- paid vacation of three weeks at Christmas and two weeks over spring break
- school is closed for one week in May for Sekani Awareness Cultural Week
- flight to and from Prince George over the Christmas and spring break
- use of the school’s 4×4 pickup and two snowmobiles