Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- .25 TERM Foods 9 (Block B Sem 2). Effective immediately to June 30, 2024, or the return of incumbent whichever is earlier in whole or in part.
- 1.0 TERM Kindergarten French Immersion. Effective March 11, 2024, to June 30, 2024, or the return of incumbent whichever is earlier in whole or in part.
- 1.0 TERM Grade1/2 French Immersion. Effective immediately to June 30, 2024, or the return of incumbent whichever is earlier in whole or in part.
- Teacher Teaching on Call
- French Immersion Teacher on Call
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
- Education Assistant - Secondary - Male Preferred
- Education Assistant - Elementary
- Education Assistant - Elementary (Temporary)
- Education Assistant - Middle
- Noon Hour Supervision Assistants On-Call
- Noon Hour Supervision Assistant
- Education Assistant - Middle (Temporary)
- Education Assistant - Elementary (Temporary) Male Preferred
- Education Assistant - Secondary (Temporary)
- Education Assistant - Elementary (Temporary)
- The quality of experience for students and staff should be engaging, purposeful and reflective of voice and choice.
- All education partners, staff and citizens in the communities we serve, have a role in supporting student learning, each with distinct responsibilities.
- In the commitment of fostering diversity and actively pursuing equity by understanding the complexities that affect achievement.
- In fostering a district-wide focus on learning and ensuring an equitable approach to enable everyone to have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- In continuous improvement through decision-making, informed by gathering evidence that is strength and results based.
- We are growing at an unparalleled pace and it is necessary to manage this growth appropriately to ensure that the District continues to deliver successful education programs.
- That the shifting landscape due to the COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced the importance of public education in our community and has provided the unique position to learn from its challenges and work with our partner groups to leverage the opportunities discovered.
We offer students a broad range of learning opportunities from kindergarten through grade 12 including K-12 French immersion.
We also have specialized programs in Na’tsa’maht Indigenous Education, award-winning music programs, AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), careers education which includes our South Island Partnerships with Camosun College as well as our ITA/Skilled Trades BC supported Youth Work and Youth Train in Trades opportunities.
To support alternate pathways to success and graduation, we also offer alternate secondary programs, online and blended learning and continuing education.
Our Academy Department offers many Academies open to Middle and Secondary students including Eco, Hockey, Soccer, Dance, Equine Studies, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse, Climbing, Golf and Pace Musical. SD62 welcomes international students and well as English Language Learners.
SD62 respects and supports diversity within the student population and is also a proud participant in the BC SOGI Educator Network with each school having a Lead Educator to raise awareness of SOGI.
Our district is located on southern Vancouver Island, adjacent to Victoria, with approximately 25 percent of our residents living in rural areas. We boast a mild climate and spectacular scenery. The district’s educators and support staff are well trained and highly experienced, and our graduates pursue post-secondary education locally and throughout North America.
Approximately 9 percent of our students are Aboriginal and 7.5 percent are in French Immersion programs. As a growing community, we expect to see an increase of 1,000 students by 2013. We are excited about offering our students a growing number of choices and programs.
Draw for Employees
We are committed to attracting and retaining a highly skilled and motivated workforce. We are proud of our warm, welcoming schools, and you just can’t beat our climate and unlimited access to year-round recreation. This is one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations AND it’s a great place to work!
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Sooke’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.