Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Teacher Harwin Gr. K 0.8 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher PGSS Learning Supports 0.5714 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Ron Brent Gr. 2/3 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher ACP Alt Ed Gr. 11/12 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher PGSS School TTOC 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Vanway Gr 1/2 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Lac des Bois French Immersion Gr. 7 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Uncertified CASUAL TTUCs (Teachers Teaching On Call) for Elementary and Secondary
- Teacher HPES Gr. 4.5 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teachers Teaching on Call (TTOCs) Casual Positions
Management & Professionals
- Manager Of Capital Planning And Projects
- Inclusive Education District Behaviour Interventionist in Mackenzie-Mental Health 1.0 Continuing Contract
We believe that we are accountable to the families and communities we serve. We respect their diversity and support their involvement. We further believe that all children can learn, achieve and succeed, and that by working together with our employees, students, parents and our communities, we will enable our students to reach their greatest academic potential.
The north is teeming with creativity. The city’s expanding arts and cultural sector includes professional and amateur theatre, performing arts groups, a symphony, a regional art gallery, private galleries, a regional museum and several organizations that support the arts. This is the cultural hub of BC’s central interior.
In addition to our neighbourhood schools, we offer choice programs to meet the needs of our students. These include a career and technical centre, a Montessori school, French immersion programs, a fine arts school and a traditional school. Prince George is also home to the University of Northern BC and the College of New Caledonia.
Draw for Employees
We provide our staff with extensive opportunities for training and professional development. Residents also enjoy affordable housing, incomes above the provincial average, second-to-none recreational opportunities and all the services of a large community, including shopping centres, an airport and the new Northern Sport Centre at UNBC.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with our salary finder tool.
For specific details about Prince George’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
How to Apply
Please note that when applying, our district requires the following:
- customized questions answered
- detailed resume
- copies of all post secondary transcripts and certificates
- teaching and or practicum reports
- names and contact numbers of 3 professional references