Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Teacher 2023/24 CHSS 1.0 FTE Foods 8-12 Limited Duration Contract Position
- Teacher 2023/24 Nusdeh Yoh Gr. Gr. 2/3/4 Limited Duration Contract Position
- Teacher 2023/24 CHSS 0.1429 FTE Art 9 Limited Duration Contract Position
- Teacher 2023/24 REPOST STKR 1.0 Art & Foods Limited Duration Contract Position
- Teacher 2023/24 REPOST Blackburn Gr. 6/7 Limited Duration Contract Position (1 vacant positions)
- Teacher 2023/24 0.6 Blackburn Prep Limited Duration Contract Position
- Teacher 2023/24 REPOST ACP 0.8 Limited Duration Position x 2 (Mon - Thurs)
- Uncertified CASUAL TTUCs (Teachers Teaching On Call) for Elementary and Secondary
- Teacher 2023/24 DPSS 1.0FTE Resource/LA Limited Duration Contract Position
- Teacher 2023/24 DP Todd 1.0 FTE School Counsellor/Case Manager Limited Duration Contract Position
Management & Professionals
- Indigenous Education Worker
- RELIEF - Education Assistant 3
- Casual Custodians - Mackenzie
- Casual Custodians - Prince George
- Casual Custodians - Robson Valley
- REPLACEMENT - Education Assistant 2
- Supervision Assistant/Crossing Guard
- REPLACEMENT - Indigenous Education Worker
- Youth Care Worker
- Education Assistant 2
We believe that we are accountable to the families and communities we serve. We respect their diversity and support their involvement. We further believe that all children can learn, achieve and succeed, and that by working together with our employees, students, parents and our communities, we will enable our students to reach their greatest academic potential.
The north is teeming with creativity. The city’s expanding arts and cultural sector includes professional and amateur theatre, performing arts groups, a symphony, a regional art gallery, private galleries, a regional museum and several organizations that support the arts. This is the cultural hub of BC’s central interior.
In addition to our neighbourhood schools, we offer choice programs to meet the needs of our students. These include a career and technical centre, a Montessori school, French immersion programs, a fine arts school and a traditional school. Prince George is also home to the University of Northern BC and the College of New Caledonia.
Draw for Employees
We provide our staff with extensive opportunities for training and professional development. Residents also enjoy affordable housing, incomes above the provincial average, second-to-none recreational opportunities and all the services of a large community, including shopping centres, an airport and the new Northern Sport Centre at UNBC.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with our salary finder tool.
For specific details about Prince George’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
How to Apply
We respectfully acknowledge that School District No. 57 resides on the unceded ancestral lands of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nations, McLeod Lake Indian Band and the Simpcw First Nation.