Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Teacher 2022-23 Valemount Gr. 3/4 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher 2022-23 Malaspina Lib & ELL & Coun Limited Duration Position
- Uncertified CASUAL TTUCs (Teachers Teaching On Call) for Elementary and Secondary
- Teacher 2022-23 Van Bien Prep Limited Duration Position
- Teacher 2022-23 Hart Highlands ELL Limited Duration Position
- Teacher 2022-23 Pinewood ELL Limited Duration Position
- Teacher 2022-23 MSS Wood & Metal & Auto & Tech Continuing Contract Position
- Teacher 2022-23 DP Todd EN & SS & LIB Limited Duration Position
- Teacher 2022-23 ACP Alt Ed Music or Other Elective Limited Duration Position
- Teacher 2022-23 Indigenous Ed Lead Resource 1.0 Limited Duration Contract Position
Management & Professionals
We believe that we are accountable to the families and communities we serve. We respect their diversity and support their involvement. We further believe that all children can learn, achieve and succeed, and that by working together with our employees, students, parents and our communities, we will enable our students to reach their greatest academic potential.
The north is teeming with creativity. The city’s expanding arts and cultural sector includes professional and amateur theatre, performing arts groups, a symphony, a regional art gallery, private galleries, a regional museum and several organizations that support the arts. This is the cultural hub of BC’s central interior.
In addition to our neighbourhood schools, we offer choice programs to meet the needs of our students. These include a career and technical centre, a Montessori school, French immersion programs, a fine arts school and a traditional school. Prince George is also home to the University of Northern BC and the College of New Caledonia.
Draw for Employees
We provide our staff with extensive opportunities for training and professional development. Residents also enjoy affordable housing, incomes above the provincial average, second-to-none recreational opportunities and all the services of a large community, including shopping centres, an airport and the new Northern Sport Centre at UNBC.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with our salary finder tool.
For specific details about Prince George’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
How to Apply
We respectfully acknowledge that School District No. 57 resides on the unceded ancestral lands of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nations, McLeod Lake Indian Band and the Simpcw First Nation.