Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Teacher Sem 2 CHSS EN9 & Peer T & CLC 11 0.8571 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 CHSS SC 8 & 9 0.8571 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 CHSS MA 8 & 9 0.8571 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher DP Todd Library 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 PGSS Counselling 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 PGSS Art & PE & PBL 0.8571 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 PGSS SS & CLE 0.8571 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 PGSS Library/Learning Commons 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 PGSS MA & SC 0.8571 Limited Duration Position
- Teacher Sem 2 Shas Ti/KRSS Sup 8-12 & MA8 0.9286 Limited Duration Position
Management & Professionals
- Inclusive Education School Psychologist 1.0 Limited Duration Position
- Inclusive Education District Behaviour Interventionist in Mackenzie-Mental Health 1.0 Limited Duration Contract
- Early Childhood Educator - Itinerant
- Casual Custodians - Robson Valley
- Theatre Technician - Casual
- Casual Clerical
- Casual Early Childhood Educator
- Casual Custodians - Prince George
- Indigenous Education Worker - Worksite Location TBD
- Casual Custodians - Mackenzie
- Groundsperson - 1
We believe that we are accountable to the families and communities we serve. We respect their diversity and support their involvement. We further believe that all children can learn, achieve and succeed, and that by working together with our employees, students, parents and our communities, we will enable our students to reach their greatest academic potential.
The north is teeming with creativity. The city’s expanding arts and cultural sector includes professional and amateur theatre, performing arts groups, a symphony, a regional art gallery, private galleries, a regional museum and several organizations that support the arts. This is the cultural hub of BC’s central interior.
In addition to our neighbourhood schools, we offer choice programs to meet the needs of our students. These include a career and technical centre, a Montessori school, French immersion programs, a fine arts school and a traditional school. Prince George is also home to the University of Northern BC and the College of New Caledonia.
Draw for Employees
We provide our staff with extensive opportunities for training and professional development. Residents also enjoy affordable housing, incomes above the provincial average, second-to-none recreational opportunities and all the services of a large community, including shopping centres, an airport and the new Northern Sport Centre at UNBC.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with our salary finder tool.
For specific details about Prince George’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
How to Apply
Please note that when applying, our district requires the following:
- customized questions answered
- detailed resume
- copies of all post secondary transcripts and certificates
- teaching and or practicum reports
- names and contact numbers of 3 professional references