District At A Glance
- Number of Schools22
- >Middle School2
- >High School1
- Number of Students5950
- Number of Employees1000
- >Distance Education1
Apply To District
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school district
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- Temp FT (1.0) District French Immersion Teacher Teaching on Call Teacher/District French Immersion Support Teacher (2023-24)
- Temp FT (1.0) Speech Language Pathologist (2024-25)
- Temp PT (0.2) Inclusion Resource Teacher (2023-24)
- Temp PT Intermediate Teacher up to .8 FTE (med loa eff immediately until return of incubment but not beyond June 30, 2024)
- Temp FT (1.0) Grade 7-9 Middle School Teacher
- Temp FT (1.0) Career Life Connection Teacher
- Temp PT (.9) Intermediate Teacher (med loa eff immediately until the return of the incumbent but not beyond June 30, 2024)
- Temp FT (1.0) Primary Teacher (2023-24) **SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE**
- Temp FT (1.0) Physical Therapist/Physiotherapist (2024-25)
- Temp PT (0.4) Reading Recovery Teacher (2023-24)
Management & Professionals
Together we challenge, encourage and support all learners to be responsible for developing their abilities with respect for self, others and the environment.
In addition to core academic programs, we offer automotive, construction, drafting, hairdressing and cooking at North Peace Secondary School. The community and local employers support our students through funding, equipment, work placements and mentors. We are also known for our wireless writing program, Project Heavy Duty, a 20 hectare outdoor education site and extensive opportunities for professional development.
Fort St. John Community
Fort St. John possesses a “can-do” spirit clearly evident in its wide range of shopping, cultural and recreational opportunities. Our district is made up of dedicated, energetic professionals for whom the achievement and well-being of their students is a first priority.
Located in the “Energetic City”
Located in the heart of the Peace Country, Fort St. John is known as the “Energetic City” with its key industries of oil and gas, agriculture and forestry. Residents are skilled employees and entrepreneurs. Fort St. John is growing and is made up of a demographically young population – the second youngest in BC, with a mean age of 29.6 years.
According to MoneySense’s Canada’s Best Places to Live 2018 article, Fort St. John ranked #1 as best place to live in British Columbia. This is because of Fort St. John’s strong economy, low taxes, and real estate affordability.
Draw for Employees
Our district is noted for innovative educational practices and the excellent cooperative relationships that exist between all educational partners. Fort St. John is a city for all seasons – a year-round playground for everyone who likes unfettered wilderness, cosmopolitan city life and the warmth and good cheer of an energetic community.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
All Peace River North employees are eligible for the Northern Travel Allowance. The Northern Travel Allowance allows residents of certain Northern areas to claim up to a total of $3,000 for two out of region trips.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. A relocation allowance is available to assist teachers with relocating to the Fort St. John area.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.