Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- TEMP Placement 1.0 Grade 1 French Immersion
- TEMP Placement 1.0 Grade 1/2 French Immersion
- TEMP Junior Physical & Health Education
- TEMPORARY - FRIMM Sciences Hamaines
- Principal Vacancies
- Position of Special Responsibility - Provincial School Outreach Consultant - School Counsellor
- Teacher Teaching On Call (TTOC)
- Teacher Teaching On Call (TTOC) - International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Continuing – Learning Services Teacher – Prospective Needs FTE: up to 1.0 (multiple positions)
COME LEARN, SHARE AND GROW WITH US!
The North Vancouver School District – “the natural place to learn” – provides world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. We offer a wide range of programs and services, including our commitment to supporting the history, culture and traditions of our First Nations communities, outdoor learning and a variety of pathways to engage all learners.
Bringing communities together to learn, share and grow, the North Vancouver School District values sustainability, inclusivity, accountability, creativity and collaboration and makes it “the natural place to work.”
Our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools, 2650 staff and 16,000 students offer a safe and nurturing environment based on trust, respect, responsibility and collaboration. Are you a positive and motivated individual looking to learn, share and grow? Then North Vancouver School District is the place to start or continue your career.
We offer a range of diverse programs to help our students succeed.
Draw for Employees
In every classroom and in every Family of Schools, we recognize it takes a community to make a difference in the life of every student. From our support staff, to our teachers and administrators, to our management team – we value the contribution of every staff member in helping our students learn, share and grow!
Forward-thinking in its pursuit of innovative practice, North Vancouver School District is a provincial leader in curriculum development including programs such as Literacy 44, Math 44, CR4YR, and the NVSD Curriculum Hub. Constant reflection enables us to gauge the effectiveness of our practices at all levels and allows us to move forward in a positive and progressive way. A supportive environment allows our staff to learn, share and grow, by providing the following.
- Locally-developed and delivered in-service and training
- Ongoing professional development initiatives and offerings
- Comprehensive information and resources
- Employee wellness programs
- Mentorship Program for new teachers
- Unique to NVSD – TTOC’s accrue full-time seniority for every day they work and convert to continuing contracts after accruing one year or 190 days of aggregate seniority
Our Community, Our People
From coastal beaches to mountain forests, “the natural place to learn” resides on the unceded traditional territories of the Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. Schools surrounded by forests inspire memorable educational experiences that provide year-round, unparalleled learning opportunities in nature’s ultimate playground.
North Vancouver’s rich cultural diversity is reflected in the multicultural backgrounds of our students, families and staff members. Each of our “Family of Schools” share our sense of community in the multitude of cultural, recreational and educational pursuits making NVSD the natural place to learn, share and grow.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers on a continuous contract typically receive the following:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ or municipal pension plan;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- comprehensive wellness and employee and family assistance programs.
- TTOC’s are eligible to purchase these benefits until they acquire a continuous contract
Allowances for Teachers
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, such as first aid attendants, athletic coordinators, IB coordinators, counsellors, helping teachers, school psychologists, teachers in-charge, and department heads may receive a financial allowance of up to $7,300 annually.
Salary and Benefits for Support Staff
For all support staff, please refer to the Collective Agreement between CUPE 389 and North Vancouver School District for terms and conditions of employment, including salary and benefits.