Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
- 23/24-108E – Relief Personal Attendant – Autism
- 23/24-072E - Relief Learning Support Worker
- 23/24-073E - Indigenous Education Advocate - Elementary
- 23/24-049E - Personal Attendant - Autism
- 22/23-042E - Bus Monitor
- 22/23-182E - Bus Washer
- 22/23-141E - Personal Attendant - Speech Language Pathology Assistant (Fraser Lake / Burns Lake & Area)
- 22/23-082E - Indigenous Education Advocate - Elementary
- 23/24-062E - Relief Strong Start Facilitator
- 23/24-059E - Learning Support Worker
We are “One 91” – one team that shares one commitment and one vision of “Success for all Learners”. Each of us plays our part and accepts our role in every learner’s success from kindergarten to graduation.
While we are focused on student success, we also understand education is more than academics. Students need relevant programs and teaching to enhance learning.
Our modern and well-equipped classrooms provide technology that supports teaching and learning. Academic areas are complemented by growing programs in the trades, fine arts and extracurricular athletics. Career & Trades Programs provide students hands-on-experience, workplace knowledge, and industry contacts to succeed in their future careers.
Partnerships with industry, business, post-secondary institutes and community organizations make learning more relevant and help build healthy and sustainable communities. We’re also home to the largest and first virtual school in BC enrolling students throughout the province.
Our communities are small, caring places where people do not get lost in the crowd. Staff work and learn together, forge friendships and have a strong sense of community. Away from traffic jams yet close to city amenities, life in Nechako Lakes can be as relaxed or as active as you want it to be.
Our area is a great place to live, learn and work. Our employees value their work and know their work is valued. We have high expectations and encourage innovation – helping our people to grow while inspiring them to create and explore new ideas.
Draw for Employees
Our teaching salaries are among the highest in the province, while our cost of living and homeownership are low. We have a supportive learning culture and a strong commitment to professional development. This part of the province has an abundance of beautiful lakes, rivers, forests and mountains – offering you many opportunities to explore nature.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Nechako Lake’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to School District No. 91’s collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.