District At A Glance
- Number of Schools28
- >Elementary 21
- >High School 6
- Number of Students15000
- Number of Employees1912
- >French Immersion5
Apply To District
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school district
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- Secondary Math Teacher - 1.0 FTE
- French Immersion Teacher - K/Gr. 1
- School Psychologist
- Montessori Teacher - Gr. 4/5
- Teachers Teaching On Call (TTOCs)
- French & French Immersion Teachers Teaching On Call
- Secondary SPED and ADST Teacher
- Priority Teachers Teaching On Call
- Secondary Socials and Foods Teacher
- Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Management & Professionals
The Board has committed to working together to achieve excellence in honour of all students in the Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District 42 by:
- Overseeing the provision of quality programming and initiatives to improve student engagement and success;
- Improving relationships with partners and public to enhance operating principles and procedures to improve student learning;
- Aligning planning, processes, policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness, and enhance student success.
Purpose, Mission & Values
Our purpose is to support all individuals, students and staff, in their personal development and continued learning. Maple Ridge – Pitt Meadows School District 42 values every member of our community as a learner.
We make decisions based on research and consultation, take pride in striving for consistency throughout the organization as guided by our vision, and endeavour to stay true to our core values.
Our vision is for every individual to feel valued and for all learners to reach their full potential.
Our mission is to fully support all individuals in their personal development as successful learners and respectful contributors to society.
We have developed numerous skilled trades training partnerships with colleges and universities, and are committed to educational choice and an inclusive, local approach to special education. School District 42 empowers students to explore their own unique learning paths by offering over 30 specialized programs of choice, from International Baccalaureate, Environmental School and sports academies to trades and technology. Learn more about the programs we offer at School District 42.
Draw for Employees
Located under 40 minutes from Vancouver, the communities of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows offer spectacular natural surroundings and the some of most affordable real estate prices in Metro Vancouver. In 2021, BC Business magazine ranked both fast-growing communities among the top 35 of its annual Best Cities for Work in B.C. list.
Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows provide the perfect blend of urban and rural living. The region is a gateway to some of BC’s most pristine wilderness, including Golden Ears Provincial Park. Parks, trails and dike systems offer boundless year-round outdoor recreation opportunities, including hiking, biking, fishing and golfing, among others.
But it’s not just about the close proximity to outdoor activities. Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows also have thriving arts and culture scenes, an abundance of seasonal festivals, community events and markets, modern amenities, and a diverse range of shopping and dining options.
Plus, it’s much more affordable to live here – whether you choose to buy or rent.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Learn more about School District 42’s salary scale with our Salary Finder tool. For specific details about Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadow’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.
TEACHER MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
School District 42’s Teacher Mentorship Program is available to new teachers and continuing teachers who make a significant change in their teaching assignment.
Through the collaborative efforts of teachers, principals and program coordinators, new teachers are connected with a district mentor teacher and/or experienced colleagues who offer support, guidance, encouragement, resources, and time to assist them in the many demands of their new teaching role.