Current Job Openings
Teachers & Educational Leaders
- TTOC - Teacher Teaching On Call
- Technology Education Teacher Posting
- LEARNING ASSISTANCE RESOURCE TEACHER (LART) POSTING
- French Immersion
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
Our mission statement includes two central messages:
- Working together: collaboration with partners in education is essential for a positive, productive and progressive environment in which to work and learn.
- Quality: a quality educational experience is our mandate, which means focusing on student achievement and safety, as well as providing engaging and fun experiences for students, including a variety of program choices.
As a progressive school district with opportunities for advancement, this is a great place to work. It is a great place to live, too, with skiing at Sun Peaks, outdoor recreation at countless lakes and provincial parks, over 2,000 hours of sunshine each year, four seasons without extremes (-7 °C in January, 28°C in July) and an affordable cost of living.
Kamloops-Thompson School District employs teachers, educational leaders, management, and support staff in the communities of: Kamloops, Chase, Barriere, Logan Lake, Clearwater, Savona, Westwold, and Blue River.
Programs of note include:
- French immersion (K-12)
- Montessori (K-6)
- A fine arts school of choice (K-12)
- BC’s only science & technology school of choice (K-7)
- McQueen Lake Environmental Education Centre
- Trades and technology training
- Support for teachers (mentorship, curriculum coordinators, wellness)
- Many district events for students
- Support for First Nations students
There is a positive energy that fills the Kamloops-Thompson region: a passion for sports and the outdoors, a creative flair for arts and culture, intellectual rigour at Thompson Rivers University, a healthy work/life balance and a casual style that’s up to date, but low stress.
Draw for Employees
Kamloops has the services of a major centre, with a professional arts scene, a university, shopping, parks, and athletics galore! We also offer the best of a small city: 80,000 friendly people and a maximum 15-minute drive across town.
Our rural communities are warm and friendly small towns set amidst the most beautiful scenery of BC’s interior.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance, and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Kamloops-Thompson’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement.