Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- T2122-273 0.50 FTE Temporary GR 10 Literary Studies
- T2122-272 0.50 FTE Temporary GR 8-12 French
- T2122-271 1.00 FTE Temporary Gr 8-12 French/English/Social Studies
- T2122-269 0.40 FTE Temporary Early Primary
- T2122-255 0.40 FTE Temporary Gr K-12 OL Learning Support
- T2122-254 0.60 FTE Temporary Gr K-12 OL Learning Support
- T2122-253 1.00 FTE Temporary Gr K-12 OL Learning Support
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.View All
- S2122-189 - Indigenous Support Worker 11
- S2122-188 Distributed Accounts Clerk 12
- S2122-156- EA Elementary On-Call
- S2122-153- Library Clerk On-Call
- S2122-181 - On-call Custodian PM
- S2122-185 EA Elementary
- S2122-038 - Temporary Indigenous Support Worker
- S2122-129 - Anticipatory EA Secondary Prep Program
- S2122-136 - Anticipatory EA Health Care Elementary
- S2122-133 - Anticipatory EA Complex Autism/AAC
We are an inclusive learning community that embraces diversity, fosters relationships and empowers all learners to have a positive impact on the world. Our mission is to work with our educational partners to inspire engaged, compassionate, resilient lifelong learners and cultivate a collaborative community together.
We are happy to boast that the Comox Valley offers many vibrant communities: from Denman and Hornby Island, Royston, Cumberland, Courtenay, Comox, Merville & Black Creek. The outdoors is our oasis and each community offers something special!
The Comox Valley is situated on the east coast of central Vancouver Island, within the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation. This is one of few places in the world where you may go ocean kayaking in the morning, cycle at lunch, and downhill ski in the afternoon…here you will find a distinctive community with a rich history, magnificent natural beauty, quaint shops, arts, entertainment and plenty more!
We offer specialty programs in Indigenous education, French immersion, fine arts, outdoor education, online learning and e-academies, and Montessori. We also offer a program for international students and Strongstart (an early learning family learning centre).
School District 71 Culture
We value and believe in:
- Trusting relationships based on respect, integrity and ethical behaviour;
- A commitment to Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples
- Equity, inclusion, dignity, and acceptance for all
- Global awareness and environmental stewardship
- Innovation, creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Accountability and shared responsibility
- Open and engaging communication
- Celebration of learning
Why School District 71?
SD71 is an inclusive learning community, and as an employer, we welcome energetic and enthusiastic individuals who are interested in working in a progressive environment. We are proud to offer the Work 2 Wellness Program: committed to educating and supporting employees and their families in various lifestyle areas. In addition to providing employee discounts, our W2W program includes various employee events: 12 Days of Fitmas, Learn 2 Run, Knit 2 Wellness, After-School Yoga, TC10K Team, Appy Hour Celebrations and more. Come and enjoy our mild climate, friendly communities, vibrant cultural life and unparalleled opportunities for outdoor recreation!
Teachers, management professionals, and support staff looking for work in the communities of Courtenay, Comox, and Cumberland can find jobs at Comox Valley Schools – School District 71, the largest employer in the Comox Valley!
Salary and Benefits
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Comox Valley’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.