At A Glance
- >K-7 Schools4
- >K-12 Schools2
Apply To Catholic Independent Schools Kamloops Diocese
Login or register to apply for job opportunities in this school
Current Job Openings
Teachers & Education Leaders
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, Kamloops: Teachers On Call
- St. Ann's Catholic School, Quesnel: Teachers On Call
- St. Ann's Academy, Kamloops: Teachers On Call
- Sacred Heart Catholic School, Williams Lake: Teachers On Call
- St. James School, Vernon: Teachers On Call
- St. Ann's Catholic School, Quesnel: Elementary Principal
- Sacred Heart Catholic School, Williams Lake: Religion Teacher
- S. Ann's Academy, Kamloops: 0.2 FTE Teacher
- St. Ann's Academy, Kamloops: 0.6 FTE Teacher: Elementary Music
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, Kamloops: 0.5 FTE Teacher
Management & Professionals
No jobs found. Please visit View All for the most recent job postings.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, Kamloops: Office Manager
- St. Ann's Catholic School, Quesnel: Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, Kamloops: Early Childhood Educator/Assistant/Or Responsible Adult
- St. James School, Vernon: 0.2 FTE Office Manager
- St. Ann's Catholic School, Quesnel: Certified Education Assistant
- St. Ann's Academy, Kamloops: 1.0 Advancement Officer
- 2022/23 Education Assistants On-Call
- 2022/23 Early Childhood Educators On Call
- St. James School, Vernon: Early Childhood Educator Assistant or Responsible Adult
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School, Kamloops: Certified Education Assistant
Catholic Independent Schools Kamloops Diocese (CISKD) is located in the beautiful south-central region of British Columbia.
Catholic Independent Schools of the Kamloops Diocese
Our schools educate approximately 1,400 students and employ over 200 employees and nearly 100 independent contractors within the Diocese of Kamloops to serve the students and families of our schools. We are one of five BC Catholic Independent School systems in BC that collectively operate 79 schools providing religious and moral reference points to help students critically examine the culture around them and build a society enlightened by the values of the Gospel.
In partnership with the family and the parish, the Catholic school participates in the saving mission of the Church. By evangelization, catechetics, and works of service, the Catholic school builds up both the family of faith and the human community. Our schools are extraordinary places to fulfill the meaningful vocation of teaching through a Catholic lens!
OUR MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
The core elements of our Catholic faith provide a framework for Catholic Education in our schools which includes:
- Teaching the Whole Person in Christ (spiritual, academic, physical, social, emotional, and aesthetic dimensions)
- Faith Lived in Christian Community
- Commitment to Justice and Compassion
Although our schools serve Catholic families first and foremost, our doors are open to others who desire a faith-based education in the Catholic tradition as well as to those who wish to share in this career vocation that can be personally, professionally and spiritually life-changing.
All of our schools meet the Ministry of Education curriculum requirements, and all teachers are certified according to Ministry of Education standards. Programs exist for students requiring learning assistance or special education. Many of our Catholic schools are known for their strong academic, athletic and arts programs. Beyond the campus school setting, ASCEND Online (DL school) is available to support students and families throughout the province.
Our Member Schools
Six diverse schools operate under the authority of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops (CISKD):
- St. James School (K-7, Vernon),
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help School (K-7, Kamloops),
- St. Ann’s Academy (K-12, Kamloops),
- Sacred Heart School (K-7, Williams Lake),
- St. Ann’s School, (K-7, Quesnel), along with
- ASCEND Online School, British Columbia’s only K-12 Catholic distance learning school that serves families and employs staff across the province.
Why teach at CISKD schools?
CISKD takes pride in its schools as vibrant professional learning communities that have:
- a meaningful, relationship-based work environment based on Gospel values and Catholic teaching,
- a strong vocational climate that encourages personal, professional and spiritual formation within the context of a faith and learning community,
- a supportive culture of teamwork and collaboration, and
- a strong sense of community and shared responsibility in providing for the mission of our schools, our students, families and parishes.
Community & School Culture
Join the CISKD team where our shared values are lived every day and where we have faith in our ultimate Teacher whole guides our Way!
Five brick and mortar schools serve the diverse urban communities of Vernon, Kamloops, Williams Lake and Quesnel—located on the traditional territories of the Sewepemc, Lhtako Dene and the Syeelhwh peoples. BC’s only K-12 Catholic distance learning school serves students and families from nearly all areas of the province and related traditional territories.
Our schools have built upon the Catholic tradition of living our faith within a Christian community based on gospel values. Regardless of your role, you will be part of a community that believes the work you do contributes greatly to our students’ success.
All members of our professional team are valued for their important contributions to helping our students succeed. From our facilities, custodial and maintenance staff who provide our students with a safe and clean learning environment, to the Educational Assistants who provide instrumental support to our students with unique learning needs; from our technology team who keeps our systems functioning, to our esteemed teachers and educational leaders.
Every staff member has an important role to fulfill, as a member of the Body of Christ, as well as in the operation of the schools in our Diocese.
LIFESTYLE AND RECREATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
The Diocese of Kamloops serves a vast area including three main regions: North Okanagan, Thompson-Okanagan and Cariboo Chilcotin – all renowned for their scenic beauty and the recreational lifestyles that include hiking, lakes and ski resorts within driving distance, making these locales ideal locations in which to live, work, play and pray!
Living in the interior provides greater access to recreational locales and activities. When compared with major urban centres, the cost of living expenses are lower in the interior, along with shorter commute times resulting in more time to enjoy all that these communities offer to residents.
People who enjoy outdoor recreation will love living in the interior. The typically hot, dry summers paired with plenty of snow in winter brings plenty of snow offers a variety of winter activities. With extensive opportunities to access beautiful trails, lakes and resorts; along with an abundance of arts communities offering theatre, museums, galleries, boutiques, pools and shopping.
Learn more about the CISKD’s communities:
Salary and Benefits
“CISKD offers competitive salaries and wages in comparison with local public school districts in which our schools are located. Contracted eligible employees typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including dental and extended health plans, disability insurance, comprehensive wellness and employee and family assistance programs.
Visit our website for detailed information on our benefits package.
When applying online, please ensure that you include all of these documents.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT:
- Cover Letter Addressed to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools-sharing the reason you wish to serve in the CISKD school of choice; Teacher Applicants are asked to include their philosophy of Catholic education in the cover letter.
- CISKD Application Form – Teacher or Support Worker
- Brief Resume
- Post-Secondary Transcripts (if education/training/certification applicable to the position)
- Copy of Relevant Position-Specific Certifications
- Most Recent Report from Employer or Supervisor
CATHOLIC APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE COPIES OF:
- Certificate of Catholic Baptism or RCIA Certification
- Certificate of Catholic Marriage (if applicable)
- Confidential Catholic Pastoral Reference Form (submitted to CISKD Office by Catholic Pastor)
NON-CATHOLIC APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE COPIES OF:
- Certificate of Marriage (if applicable)
- Confidential Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference – for Teacher, Office Support, or Education Assistant applications (Regular or On Call), completed and submitted to CISKD Office by Catholic pastor of the school to which one is applying
*Additional documents may be requested of successful applicants.