At A Glance
Apply To Our School
Email your application to the offshore school representative
Current Job Openings
Overview: Teaching Abroad at Canadian School Bahrain
The Canadian School Bahrain is a school dedicated to developing students who are confident in their culture, empowering them to achieve academic excellence through nurturing moral values of integrity, responsibility, respect and courage.
About Canadian School Bahrain
Located in Diyar Al- Muharraq, our school is a not-for-profit, private international school offering the British Columbia curriculum. The Canadian School Bahrain will implement a whole-child approach to learning that will enhance the academic, social, emotional, physical and needs of each student. This integrated educational program will be taught by British Columbia Certified Teachers working together with Bahraini Certified Teachers for Social Studies and Citizenship, Islamic Studies and Arabic Language.
Canadian School Bahrain is an amazing teaching opportunity. The school is set in the picturesque area of Diyar al Muharraq area. Inspired by the Kingdom of Bahrain’s multi-cultural outlook, this new 21st-century city celebrates diversity and innovation. Canadian School Bahrain operates within a standard school calendar from September to June.
Essential learning, literacy and numeracy foundations, and core competencies are the base of British Columbia curriculum. All three contribute to deeper learning.
The core competencies are the intellectual, personal, and social skills that all students need to develop for success in life beyond school. B.C. has identified three core competencies as essential for all learners:
- Creative Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Personal and Social
- Positive Personal and Culture Identity
- Personal Awareness and Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
Bahrain is a modern state with a low cost of living, excellent infrastructure, rich cultural diversity and is a welcoming community. Bahrain has a an expat popuation of 45%. This is why you can find the island boasting different cuisines from America, Asia, Europe, and Arabian food of course, art galleries, culture centers, and a unique state of harmony binding all these cultures together.
In addition, the small island is a quintessential mixing pot where many nationalities live peacefully together in modern style and high standards of living.
While working in Bahrain, you can take a walk through the National Museum, tour the Al Fatih Grand Mosque, stroll the old streets of downtown Manama, go snorkelling on a nearby beach, eat at one of the delectable restaurants or visit one of the expansive malls — there is no shortage of things to do in Bahrain!
Draw for Employees
What do we offer teachers?
- A brand new facility with state of the art resources and technology
- An experienced BC principal to lead the professional team and the school
- An exciting teaching and cultural experience in a modern Bahraini city
- An entry-level salary comparable to salaries in British Columbia including
- Free accommodation – a beautiful new one-bedroom apartment
- Free Bahrain medical plan
- Annual flight to and from home to Bahrain
- Time off: 3 weeks winter holidays, 1 week in February and 1 week in April plus other national holidays.
A brand new facility with state of the art resources and technology – An experienced BC Principal to lead the school and professional team – School year September – June
Why you should teach here
Are you energetic, creative, and have the fortitude to meet the challenges of a first-year school?
Do you understand a personalized approach to learning and assessment?
Do you have training or understanding of the inquiry approach to teaching and learning?
If so, this may be the job you are looking for! The Canadian School Bahrain offers amazing teaching opportunity at a brand new, state-of-the-art school, opening September 2019. The Canadian School Bahrain will be offering the British Columbia curriculum to students in grades Kindergarten to Grade 3 in the first year, and adding two grades each consecutive year.
Salary and Benefits
Our teachers receive a competitive salary, standard accommodation, a medical plan, and an annual flight from Bahrain back home.
How to Apply
The school is looking for teachers who have the following credentials:
- British Columbia teaching certificate or
- Teaching certificate from another Canadian province or
- Teaching certificate from a foreign jurisdiction but meet the requirements of the British Columbia Teachers Regulation Branch.
- 5 year undergraduate degree taken in English and a teaching certificate
- Training or experience in elementary education