Teachers & Education Leaders
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER- FRENCH IMMERSION
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER- MUSIC
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER- LEARNING SUPPORT SERVICES
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER- ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS
- INDIGENOUS EDUCATION RESOURCE TEACHER- ELEMENTARY
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER- INTERMEDIATE-
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER- K/PRIMARY
- LINC Teachers and Replacement Teachers
- Technology Education Teacher
- Counsellor- BCSD (0.60 FTE)
Management & Professionals
- Sign Language Interpreter - Casual On-Call / Temporary
- Education Assistant - Temporary
- Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Network Security Analyst
- Education Assistant III (Autism)
- Education Assistant (Casual)
- Education Assistant - BCSD (Casual)
- Casual Crossing Guard
- Casual Student Supervisor
- Purchasing Team Lead
Our mission is to prepare and support an inclusive, caring community of learners for the challenges of a changing tomorrow. Our core values are respect, caring and a focus on excellence and accountability.
Burnaby offers a perfect combination of urban and residential living, and a rapid transit system makes it easily accessible to other urban centres (20 minutes to downtown Vancouver or Surrey). Surrounded by mountains, ocean, lakes and parks, Burnaby is a beautiful and livable city that enjoys a mild climate. Simon Fraser University and the BC Institute of Technology are also located here.
Burnaby schools reflect the increasingly diverse nature of the Burnaby community. We have 4,000 students enrolled in ESL programs with over 70 languages spoken in Burnaby homes.
Such diversity has brought rich cultural benefits to our neighbourhoods and school
Our specialty programs include early and late French immersion, alternate elementary and secondary programs, an arts elementary school, School to Work (post-secondary/industry recognition), Advanced Placement, hockey and soccer academies, distance learning, a provincial school for the deaf, provincial resource programs including an adolescent mental health facility and a youth custody centre, international education and adult education.
Draw for Employees
Our district is large enough to provide great opportunities for employees but small enough to offer a strong sense of community and connection. We offer professional development opportunities for all staff, along with mentorship programs and a focus on professional growth for our teachers and administrators.
Salary and Benefits
Teachers typically receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- medical, dental, and extended health plans;
- group life insurance benefits;
- teachers’ pension;
- extended health benefits for dependents of deceased employees;
- accidental disability insurance;
- salary indemnity plan benefit;
- supplemental employment benefits on maternity leave;
- employee and family assistance programs.
Teachers in positions with special responsibilities, e.g. department heads, teacher consultants, teacher coordinators, counsellors, psychologists, alternate school teachers, speech pathologists, may receive a financial allowance of $2,000-$4,000 annually.
Teachers working in remote and rural schools may also receive a recruitment allowance and an annual retention allowance. Learn more about teacher salaries with the Salary Finder tool.
For specific details about Burnaby’s compensation, salary, and benefits, please refer to their collective agreement on the BCPSEA website.